Anyone making any resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am going to try and be more positive,see the glass as half full.There are certain things that have happened to me in the past that need to be ignored.
It's also been good to watch Whatever happened to the Likely lads dvd set,which was a Christmas present.Terry Collier and me have a lot in common.Some of which i need to ditch.You would think that nearing 62 things would be sorted.
So to all,lets have some hot sunny days and no wind,and many miles of riding.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
yep try to be a better partner to my other half, try to be there as much as poss for my daughter and to try and be a better step dad to other halfs teenage children

Shaun

Founder
Lose some weight. I didn't manage it last year, so I want to make a concerted effort to do it this year. Not in a big way, just a slow and steady reduction to something more healthy.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Lose some weight. I didn't manage it last year, so I want to make a concerted effort to do it this year. Not in a big way, just a slow and steady reduction to something more healthy.

Me too. I lost a stone the year before last, but I've put it all back on again!

Less food, more cycling.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
  • Loose half a stone (at least)
  • Do 3500 miles on the bike (at least)
  • Get promoted (this is really a dead cert)
  • Buy expensive roadie with (some of) resulting £8000 pay rise! :highfive:

Me -
Work less, play more.
Stress less, be more philosophical about things.
(Luckily my weight this year is fine - I put a few pounds on last Christmas and didn't enjoy the process of losing them in Jan/Feb so this year I've been sensible and my weight over the festivities hasn't changed).

Mrs B has resolved to take more exercise so this morning I tidied out the bike shed, cleaned and lubed her bike and made it easier for her to get her bike out without having to move mine first. Then the heavens opened torrentially and our ride was abandoned, but hey - not a bad effort all told for 1st Jan!

Peteaud

Veteran
i am now an ex smoker (see the diary of a smoker thread)
lose a stone
save some cash
get fitter

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lose the Xmas kgs (always pile on a fair amount) - should be gone by end of Jan.
Take more time to chill out and spend quality time with family.
More miles on bike - that come with getting a treatment plan agreed with third party insurer/my solicitor, and finally get this claim put to bed (3 years now).
Drink less.

Top Bottom