Anyone on Giffgaff..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I use the 4g a reasonable amount, and even so find the 2GB goodybag for £12 adequate.
And the money I save by not being tied in to a contract means I can get a new phone at least every other year and still be quids in.
Just bought the OnePlus 2 which is very nice.

OP
OP
blackgoff

blackgoff

I use the 4g a reasonable amount, and even so find the 2GB goodybag for £12 adequate.
And the money I save by not being tied in to a contract means I can get a new phone at least every other year and still be quids in.
Just bought the OnePlus 2 which is very nice.

I've heard they're to do a Mini 5" version...with 3gb ram as well which is impressive.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Yes, but have constant trouble when in the house as it uses the O2 network which aint good here.
I have the same issue.

I do all my web browsing & forum stuff from my phone, switched in the GiffGaff sim on boxing day & was without a proper signal for nearly a week.

Previously I had a 2 year contract with the 3 network & endless issues, will be switching to EE on a contract soon as her indoors gets a good signal.

o2 is appalling signal wise, as I type *in central Manchester* I have no 3G signal*, that in a 4G City hotspot.

The value would be great (if I could access the data) £15 for 4gb goodybag is awesome if you can use it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My previous phone (a tiny Sony Xperia Ray) could pick up enough O2 signal in my former home in Hebden Bridge but when I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S4, that could not.

I am now 5 miles down the valley in Todmorden and get a better signal so the replacement phone is ok. My sister has bought a house up the hill from here and none of us can get a reliable O2/giffgaff signal indoors up there.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Quality of signal between phones can vary greatly. 3 signal bars on an iPhone can be 4 bars on a Samsung and 5 on another phone.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Quality of signal between phones can vary greatly. 3 signal bars on an iPhone can be 4 bars on a Samsung and 5 on another phone.
True, but I have the S4, my nephew had an iPhone until he took it out in a recent deluge and flooded it (!) so he now has a cheapo Android phone, and my sister has a mid-range Android phone. None of them get a decent signal in that house.

I found that the S4 picks up a better signal if I remove it from its flip case, but I would probably kill the phone within a week if I left it defenceless like that, so I don't! It is okay in the flip case in this house, and most places when I am out and about so that will do me.

Top Bottom