Anyone on here claimed for PPI miss-selling?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hello all, looking to hear if anybody on here has had a successful PPI claim and who did you use/ recommend?.

I haven't knowingly taken any out but have heard some companies built it into the interest rate on their cards?.

Any recommendations and advice appreciated. Don't want to pick a random firm!.

Are the card companies legally required to investigate their own products if you ask them?.

Cheers all!.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, a mortgage. Claimed myself directly, got compensated. Was easy.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I've got 10 cards and probably 6 or 7 loans that could have been affected so would like a reputable firm to go through it all really, good heads up on the mortgage I'll have a look into that as well!

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I never actively claimed it but I got a cheque through the post from the Co-op a few years ago. Very tidy sum it was too. I was gobsmacked.

Did they just own up and send you the cheque then?.

Egg have been listed as bad miss-sellers and I had an Egg card and load for a while..

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Did they just own up and send you the cheque then?.

Yep, totally out of the blue. Very nice surprise! Like you, I didn't even realise I had PPI on that card - but that is precisely the reason why we're all now entitled to compensation. In fact, I got the cheque a few years after I closed the account, which made it even more of a surprise.

Barclaycard probably owe me something too, and possibly HSBC, but neither of them have been so forthcoming.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
PPI - possibly one of the best investemnts I ever made! Paid in £10 per month for around 12 years for mortgage cover before I realised work's sick pay would provide the cover. Completed my own paperwork, possibly around 1hr's work max, and got £6500 in return.

All I knew was the insurance company it was taken out with and rough dates of start and cancelation and they had to do all the tracking back.

I got a letter from Nationwide about a loan that I had with PPI on it. I filled out their form, and a month later got the cheque for the PPI refund.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Yes. Took a £15k loan out with Lombard Direct about twenty years ago. Looked into the possibility of being misold PPI with the paperwork I still had a couple of years ago. Did all the paperwork myself and received a nice cheque for nearly seven grand.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
To be fair it's going to be a mammoth task unravelling it all!.

Will see what old loan agreements I have and go from there I think..

Just pulled my credit report but that only goes back 6 years.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
About five years ago I claimed from Lloyds I was surprised to get a cheque from them for £9350.00.

Then about 18 months ago I received another cheque for £1500.00 because they had made a mistake.

Buck

Guru
I wouldn't know where to start - I've had plenty of cards and loans in the past but do you just write to them saying you had a card/loan with them in the past and hope they come back and say "oh yes, guilty as charged - have some money!" ??

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
My boss at work recommended a company a while back so I'll give them a go and see what happens!.

To much to wade through personally so let them deal with it..

I don't know if you're limited to claime less than 6 years after the event or what, it's clear as mud..

Top Bottom