anyone on here do the mary townley loop yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'm a reasonably unfit 40 year old fat bloke. it took me 10 hours. the last 3 were hell as i had blown. if your lad has exceptional grit and determination he should manage it in a long hard day. but he would be miserable and needs to be with a good rider who knows it (the route) well, for bail out options, accidents etc etc. however as others have said, split it, i would say into 3 days. there are many many good b&b's on the route. the best websites for accommodation are equestrian type sites as they tend to split it in to 3 days.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've just noticed the time of year you wish to give it a go. it will be very very muddy at that time of year. the descents will be slippy, slow, more probably need walking thru the summit area and demand mental stamina, the ascents will be slippy (under wheel and foot) and energy sapping, especially with heavy bikes.

the best website is www.idonohoe.com

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've done it twice and I think I took about 7-8 hours. You need a fast hardtail and dry conditions.

striker

Thanks All.

sounds like we will give bits of it a go. I'll have to work out a route with a number of nice bailout options (aka pubs ;))

All dependant on the weather I guess.

I'll report back!

Top Bottom