Anyone on here recognise these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Most of them would be better than walking to work at 5am on a wet Monday morning maybe not the go cart but that`s not the point, if the police only recover what you think is a good bike then they are only working for the well off. Is that what you want.
I would say that catching the people that have stolen the bikes should be the focus of their efforts. If the police found a jumper on the pavement how much effort should be made to reunite it with its owner? Most of those bikes are worth no more than a wooly jumper!

Tyke

I would say that catching the people that have stolen the bikes should be the focus of their efforts. If the police found a jumper on the pavement how much effort should be made to reunite it with its owner? Most of those bikes are worth no more than a wooly jumper!
I agree they may not have much value unless it was yours before it got stolen and that they should spend time catching the thief. The point of finding the owner may as has already been pointed out above link the thief to the crime.

brucers

Guru
Not everyone can afford the latest, most expensive etc. If you drive a car I assume you have something like a Bugatti Veyron as cheap is not your thing!!

there are only about 2 bikes on there worth recovering! Should the Police really be wasting their time trying to find owners of cheap old worthless bikes?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I posted the link on an English site as a favour to someone in An Garda Síochána. Some of the bikes may have been brought over from here.

For those who insist that they are "bits of junk". Anyone consider Gary Fisher, Trek & Specialized bikes "bits of junk"! There is as been pointed out the fact that they are stolen & if they can identify the owner, then maybe they can tie something else to the same person/people.

They are at least making an effort, which should be applauded & possibly picked up on & copied over here.

john-boy

I had my bike stolen when i was in college and granted it was only a 79 quid apollo but it was still my bike and my only mode of transport which meant i had to walk 7 mile each way to college everyday. And as i was in full time education i was only working part time so took along time to save enough to get another. So just because to you its a piece of junk doesnt mean it didnt mean more to the person who owned it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whilst they might be considered junk they could be put to use in some sort of charity program if not claimed I would have thought.

Whiskey88

Agreed, but not many of those bikes are worth £50. There are not many working people in UK/Ireland that couldn't afford to replace a £50 bike sooner or later.

I bought my bike for less than £50. I don't want to replace it - it has character and is part of what makes it so fun to ride. If it were to be stolen and recovered, I would expect it back just for its non-monetary value.

Jaco45er

A two-bit thieving scumbag, is a two-bit thieving scumbag. Now I personally don't want two-bit thieving scumbags thinking its ok to nick lower value bikes because the police won't care.

I want a copper to treat me as equal as the guy ho can only afford the 50 notes bike, and the guy who can afford Chris Hoy's bike.

Theft is theft man, property is property, and if you paid £50 for your bike? Then it's your right to be treated the same as the fella with the carbon fibre dream machine.

Know what I mean? ;)

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
The photo's are updated, so what may appear today may not be there tomorrow. I believe the site is updated "as & when" but not how often or why its done "as & when".

One on at the time of posting is 450 Euro's, 2012 model, so its not all low end as people suggest.
http://www.oneillcycles.com/p/126/motion-typhoon-road-bike 2013 model.

Why knock them for trying to locate the owners?

Last edited:
Top Bottom