anyone on last.fm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
quite fun, lets you see stats of everything you listen to and makes recommendations.

works great with itunes and the wonderful spotify.

trouble is all my off-line friends still buy cds…

anyone wanting to check my profile out is welcome. i've the same un on there too.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'm on there with a count of about 5,000 tracks so far... still get some wierd recommendations though!

I'll look you up when I get a chance, it'll be MrSharky knocking at your door. :biggrin:

What's the difference between last.fm and that spotify thing you mentioned, btw?

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
spotify lets you play whole albums (at the expense of a few unobtrusive ads, or without for 99p a day or £10 per month) and has the same feel as itunes (no buffering). it works well with last.fm as it scrobbles too. spotify.com, prepare to be gobsmacked…

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oh okay, sounds like the only difference then is the ease with which you can pick out tunes you want to hear (which can be a little taxing on last.fm!!).

I have a Sonos system at home which is also scrobbled by last.fm, and the system links via the router to last.fm allowing me to stream a radio station directly (i.e. an Artist-and-similar-artists station).

It's rather pleasing to just specify an artist and get loads of stuff out my system which is similar rather than faffing about setting up playlists etc., and it's a great way to discover stuff you haven't heard before. The only let down is there's no ability to rate stuff you've heard - you can either 'love it' or 'ban it' via the controller.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
alecstilleyedye said:
spotify lets you play whole albums (at the expense of a few unobtrusive ads, or without for 99p a day or £10 per month) and has the same feel as itunes (no buffering). it works well with last.fm as it scrobbles too. spotify.com, prepare to be gobsmacked
My gob has been smacked. ;) Downloaded, installed and off we go....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
That looks interesting, might encourage me to try out some new music.

Do you just sign in, and then how, in a nutshell, does it work?

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Speicher said:
That looks interesting, might encourage me to try out some new music.

Do you just sign in, and then how, in a nutshell, does it work?

if your new to all of this, you'll find spotify much more intuitive to start with. you can then use last.fm to find new stuff, although spotify will also do this (it's a bit hit and miss).

www.spotify.com

Top Bottom