Anyone painted their shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IBarrett

Über Member
I now have 3 pairs of black shoes and I really fancy some colour. Especially as there is someone on our club ride with the same shoes.
There is a video I've been watching of someone painting a pair of bike shoes and even for me with no artistic bone in my body it looks simple.
Has anyone done it?

Great idea in theory but rubbish in the real world - or does it work?

3 mins in for the results.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnvJaxy_bs

Globalti

Legendary Member
Funny you should mention it but I bought some Specialized shoes, which were cheap because they are black with an orange toecap and nobody wanted them. I don't particularly like the orange but painting it or removing it would be difficult because it's some kind of polymer coating and very tough and slippery.

0049064_specialized_bg_expert_clip_in_road_shoes_colour_blackorange_shoe_size_39.jpg

I have painted my helmet though; I found a water-based hobby paint and repainted the red flashes to match my frame colour. *cough*

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've never considered painting my shoes.. All I do is plug up the holes that let the draft in!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Funny you should mention it but I bought some Specialized shoes, which were cheap because they are black with an orange toecap and nobody wanted them. I don't particularly like the orange but painting it or removing it would be difficult because it's some kind of polymer coating and very tough and slippery.

View attachment 359304

I have painted my helmet though; I found a water-based hobby paint and repainted the red flashes to match my frame colour. *cough*

I actually like those. Do they do a MTB version?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have not painted mine but I have put reflective tape on them this week. I dont know if you can get relective paint but if you can that is what I would use. Either that or neon..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I prefer to leave my shors as they are and then paint the town red....

you can tell @Fab Foodie is posh he does not call shoes he calls them shors

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I use over shoes , used the same shoes and socks plus pants for 50 years ... never needed washing i might add .

Top Bottom