Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another dream worlder. You have to be close enough to get a deer with a crossbow....although better than a bow an arrow But as I said, I would be doing something else, while my snare kept the deer fresh for me to collect.
3 para. I wore a smock you haven't.
Nowt personal.

Royal Green Jackets, sonny. Battlefield marksman L96 and MILAN operator. Earned my crossed rifles on my initial infantry training and requalifid every time. And I've seen combat.

Nowt personal.

Ex AGC SPS, I’ll stop both your pay.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ex AGC SPS, I’ll stop both your pay.

Oh you boys.. :rolleyes:

DRM

Guru
I don't think i saw this thread when it started. Maybe i did and i've already posted in it 🤔,but i can't be bothered to look. Anyway,i have 17 tins of red salmon in my kitchen cupboard. Is this classed as prepping...or hoarding?🤔
I think that depends on the tins use by date :okay:
Many years ago on Terry Wogans breakfast show, Radio 2 they were discussing older peoples tendencies to keep food way past it’s prime, the worst was one gent called in saying he’d helped his elderly mum clear some cupboards, he’d found a full roasted chicken in a can that his dad had kept, just in case, apparently the dad had brought home in his kit bag at the end of WW2 after liberating it from the camp stores! xx(

Last edited:
IMG_20201207_121340_9.jpg

IMG_20201207_121344_9.jpg

IMG_20200725_132558_8.jpg

IMG_20200630_145209_5.jpg

IMG_20200728_195757_8.jpg

IMG_20200701_154208_6.jpg

Remember you can't have to much firewood just insufficient space. I am doing swapsies at the moment as I need to build more (plural) wood stores
A bit more than this used so far.

IMG_20201106_123911_6.jpg

All collected on bicycle.
You lot are nothing more than pathetic amateurs. When the tsunami (etc) comes I will be ready!!

Last edited:
Have 6 fungi apps on phone. One will identify the fungi via a picture. Sometimes it even gets it right! All my best fungi location are on my phone. Just to reinforce my memory. Fantastic location for the prince, giant puffballs and the very easy to dehydrate fairy ring champignon (scotch bonnet). Thread a needle through and hang in the window.
As stated you are bunch of amateurs. Specifically @Drago with his i fired Milan anti-tank missiles. Like you are going have an advantage on killing deer!!!

I think that depends on the tins use by date :okay:
No it doesn't. As long as the tin hasn't failed the contents is edible. Okay may not taste as good as within it's best before date but still edible.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
View attachment 563294

View attachment 563295

View attachment 563296

View attachment 563304

View attachment 563299

View attachment 563300

Remember you can't have to much firewood just insufficient space. I am doing swapsies at the moment as I need to build more (plural) wood stores
A bit more than this used so far.

View attachment 563302

All collected on bicycle.
You lot are nothing more than pathetic amateurs. When the tsunami (etc) comes I will be ready!!
:rolleyes:

Trouble is, come the tsunami all that lot will get washed away.

We keep most of our firewood standing until 18 months before needed. :okay:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Have 6 fungi apps on phone. One will identify the fungi via a picture. Sometimes it even gets it right! All my best fungi location are on my phone. Just to reinforce my memory. Fantastic location for the prince, giant puffballs and the very easy to dehydrate fairy ring champignon (scotch bonnet). Thread a needle through and hang in the window.
As stated you are bunch of amateurs.
I can‘t help thinking that pencil and paper may be more reliable than a phone when the Apocalypse arrives, even as an aide memoire.

Top Bottom