Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
People have said that to me in the past about my prepping, but now corvid19 isn't the loose and any of us might have to self isolate without notice I'm suddenly feeling pretty smug. And the best but its it's slow and careful accumulation, not some thoughtless and selfish knee jerk panic buying.

Today its corvid19, completely unforseen 3 months ago. Tomorrow it could be anything, and while you're panicking as you slowly starve to death I'm sitting pretty.
Unlike you I know what I am doing. People who think they can live by foraging (as the kit suggests) are living in a dream world. Foraging for instance involves living in the same areas (with the emphasis on same area) for years. If I moved 10 miles away it would take me 2 probably 3 years to be able to find the same fungi that I can now find with minimal effort. I am of course suggesting that you can live in England or anywhere in the UK by foraging alone. DREAM WORLD. Get it?

classic33

Leg End Member
Unlike you I know what I am doing. People who think they can live by foraging (as the kit suggests) are living in a dream world. Foraging for instance involves living in the same areas (with the emphasis on same area) for years. If I moved 10 miles away it would take me 2 probably 3 years to be able to find the same fungi that I can now find with minimal effort. I am of course suggesting that you can live in England or anywhere in the UK by foraging alone. DREAM WORLD. Get it?
It's been done by a few, for real.

Easy enough find the names.
So non existent then. I rest my case a huge proportion of prepers (like you) think they can live off the land. They think with a bow an arrow (for instance) they can kill a deer. When at best they will wound it. You are not a iban tracker you will never find the deer you wounded. I will because it is still in the snare I set for it.

Drago

Legendary Member
My 160lb crossbow would take a deer. Hell, my shotgun would take a buffalo with rifled slugs. When you've done some hunting or used ranged weapons yourself you'll be able to speak with authority - until then you're just marking yourself as first in the cooking pot when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Another dream worlder. You have to be close enough to get a deer with a crossbow....although better than a bow an arrow But as I said, I would be doing something else, while my snare kept the deer fresh for me to collect.
3 para. I wore a smock you haven't.
Nowt personal.

Drago

Legendary Member
Royal Green Jackets, sonny. Battlefield marksman L96 and MILAN operator. Earned my crossed rifles on my initial infantry training and requalifid every time. And I've seen combat.

Nowt personal.

So the previous statement of wearing a smock?
Define combat? not that its relevant to .... foraging which is entirely what I am "conversing about".

Oh my god, you sounds like a Walt. Read what you just typed....so Walt. PS posibility, as in 3 para?
Really not relevant to prepping anyway.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Seems like Prepping is going mainstream 😊

Sky Linkie

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Prepping is either about having the biggest guns / weaponry.

Or having relevant knowledge so that the biggest guns / weaponary want to protect you, and keep you and your knowledge, and skills alive.

I know how to grow lots of good food, with minimal inputs, and have other useful transferable practical skills.

I do know what can be foraged locally, but wouldn't be able to live on it year round, even if I wanted to.

I'm not at all sanguine about Brexit, n all that tosh, but I'm really hoping we're not in apocalypse mode just yet...:sad:

Top Bottom