Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Amateur!

Rambo here (not me, BTW) rubs two wet logs together to generate a spark.

I suspect his thinking process is based on the same theory.

Oooh Meeoww

I do know a couple of serious peppers / 'minamalist' lifestyle sorts.

You know live in kitted out vans, have woodland stashes, bug out plans all that stuff.

Surprising how often they'll turn up around tea time, and or be wanting to borrow tools :laugh:

Oooh Meeoww

I do know a couple of serious peppers / 'minamalist' lifestyle sorts.

You know live in kitted out vans, have woodland stashes, bug out plans all that stuff.

Surprising how often they'll turn up around tea time, and or be wanting to borrow tools :laugh:
Must admit that kind of survival and bushcraft fascinates me. Got hooked on watching Alone on TV last year.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Must admit that kind of survival and bushcraft fascinates me. Got hooked on watching Alone on TV last year.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone

Ah yes ... more commonly known as "Butchcraft" round these parts ^_^

The Leather hats !!

The "My overspecced sheathknife is bigger than yourn"

The overweight wheezing of cast iron cooking pots a whole 5O yards from the carpark into the woods to erect your basha .

Sorry shouldn't laugh - But ...:laugh:

Ah yes ... more commonly known as "Butchcraft" round these parts ^_^

The Leather hats !!

The "My overspecced sheathknife is bigger than yourn"

The overweight wheezing of cast iron cooking pots a whole 5O yards from the carpark into the woods to erect your basha .

Sorry shouldn't laugh - But ...:laugh:
I know what you mean but Alone ‘appears’ to be geniune survival. I only saw the 3rd series, the ‘participants’ were scattered around a large lake in a wintry Patagonia.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I know what you mean but Alone ‘appears’ to be geniune survival. I only saw the 3rd series, the ‘participants’ were scattered around a large lake in a wintry Patagonia.

Of course it does - with the survivalist camera crew in tow as well :okay:

I'd love to visit Patagonia some day though - the mountains look amazing.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
They film themselves!

Well there you go then :okay:

I wonder what sort of power packs they are using for their cameras ?

I can only get my mobile to run for seven days at a time even on airplane mode on my power pack - i guess theirs are bigger - solar panel maybe ??

- got a portable one of those but only works well enough in midsummer months

Of course it does - with the survivalist camera crew in tow as well :okay:

I'd love to visit Patagonia some day though - the mountains look amazing.
Just to add that it’s nothing like ‘Robinson’ or any other docusoaps. These are people who, for whatever reason, already have survival skills and experience. There is a STRICT selection procedure, otherwise think how much Barbie could sue if she broke her fingernails or worse. 😉

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just to add that it’s nothing like ‘Robinson’ or any other docusoaps. These are people who, for whatever reason, already have survival skills and experience. There is a STRICT selection procedure, otherwise think how much Barbie could sue if she broke her fingernails or worse. 😉

I've not seen those shows so not knowing about that stuff.

I did see a couple of those Ray Mears ones a whole back when he was looking at indigenous peoples way of life..
They seemed quite respectful of their traditions.

I know some women who lead months long primitive living expeditions, where no modern stuff is allowed at all, you even have to premake all your own clothes the trad way.

Sounds like (type 2) fun.. But a hard and hungry existence.

I'd imagine 'converting' back to modern times would do your head in as well.

It's bad enough even after a few weeks 21st century hiking.. :wacko:

:rolleyes:

Trouble is, come the tsunami all that lot will get washed away.

We keep most of our firewood standing until 18 months before needed. :okay:
I am higher up than most people in the village they will drowned first. Those who don't drown will have to pay to be on my ground. Not necessarily in money.

I can‘t help thinking that pencil and paper may be more reliable than a phone when the Apocalypse arrives, even as an aide memoire.
Agreed but it helps me remember. So when the apocalypse arrives i am hoping it will be ingrained in my memory for ever more.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I am higher up than most people in the village they will drowned first. Those who don't drown will have to pay to be on my ground. Not necessarily in money.

Which of course brings us neatly to what is in truth probs the most important survival requirement long term.

People -
- other skilled people with whom you can cooperate and collaborate.

And 'people skills' even, so you can live and work together and everyone feels included, valued, and cared about.

In essence your tribe.

And your vibe attracts your tribe :becool:

I had five other very capable and willing to work persons 'householded' on the farm during 1st Lockdown.

We got loads done, including all the firewood cross cut, split, and stacked for next winter.

Gimlet eyed independence can take you so far.

Teamwork can take you even further..

Plus its just a bit funner :blush:

When you're surrounded by by covidiots doing stuff like this :rolleyes:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Apart from my vast vault of tinned pilchards, all I've stocked up on are Swann Morton scalpel blades and a big supply of Swarfega. I have lots of tools but the powered ones will be useless once electricity shuts off. If I can get to Cornwall after The Event, I could probably survive by fishing for a few weeks with my rowing boat. There are mushrooms locally , but they have little value as a fuel food, and besides, I would probably pick the wrong ones and get sick, or worse. All the best hermits/nutjobs make the wise decision to give up on all the Ray Mears bollocks and just steal other peoples' stuff. Anyway, I'd probably get caught and lynched by a mob wielding flint axes. Failing that, I'd die of boredom from a relentless diet of pilchards and mackerel.

Happy Christmas.

classic33

Leg End Member
Apart from my vast vault of tinned pilchards, all I've stocked up on are Swann Morton scalpel blades and a big supply of Swarfega. I have lots of tools but the powered ones will be useless once electricity shuts off. If I can get to Cornwall after The Event, I could probably survive by fishing for a few weeks with my rowing boat. There are mushrooms locally , but they have little value as a fuel food, and besides, I would probably pick the wrong ones and get sick, or worse. All the best hermits/nutjobs make the wise decision to give up on all the Ray Mears bollocks and just steal other peoples' stuff. Anyway, I'd probably get caught and lynched by a mob wielding flint axes. Failing that, I'd die of boredom from a relentless diet of pilchards and mackerel.

Happy Christmas.
You been stockpiling mackerel as well as pilchards?

Top Bottom