Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
An interesting topic. A controversial one too. Banned on some well known bushcraft forums. The reasons may become obvious if the posts develop.

Then again maybe not. The general CC Forum populace are a lot more sensible and measured than the bushcrafters and airgun lot. Sweeping generalisation of course.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I have friends who believe in ‘The End of the World’ and all that lot. I tolerate it and sometimes their views are interesting. To a point...

...They went and bought a little petrol Honda generator. Didn’t want to point the obvious out to them but...
Can you point out the obvious for us?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
NASA have admitted that they can't stop Ssteroid Bennu impacting!moment, the potential impact date calculated by researchers is 25 September 2135 – a Sunday – a

Don't worry - Bruce Willis is looking into that.

Sure. Fossil fuel availability.

I've read that when the world ends and civilisation collapses, there will be sufficient fossil fuels for the survivors for months if not years as the pumps can't get the last bits out of the tanks in filling stations so there will be plenty for them to syphon out, apparently. Although I did read this on the internet so it's probably nonsense.

No prepping for me - if the Russkies* do launch Armageddon I'm climbing onto the shed roof to watch the fireworks.
We're 5 miles from the city centre, 1 mile from a former tank factory and 10 miles from a former RAF base, so that should be a front row seat. :okay:

* - or someone else blaming them

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
...And the obvious reason for banning? :scratch:

Is it when it goes into illegal distilleries and weaponry?

Heh heh. You would hope. I think the real reason is there is a tribe of devout survivalists who are very passionate about their skillls and what is in their EDC packs they take on the Tube, should the world come to an end whilst on the commute to work. Then there are the trolls who love a bit of engagement and mud slinging towards these harmless individuals.

Let people enjoy themselves even if they have gloomy ambitions.

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
......Let people enjoy themselves even if they have gloomy ambitions.

It's not harmless, this prepper stuff. It almost always involves guns, guns, guns, conspiracy theories, a distrust of government and society, and huge doses of paranoia. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they weren't actively poisoning the minds of other gullible folks. "See them thar chemical trails off of that airplane, sonny?" "That's the gubmint trying to kill you".

Top Bottom