Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Sure. Fossil fuel availability.

I'm going to convert mine to run on an electric motor. So nice and quiet as those small petrol engines are very noisy....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm ready. I was going to post this shot in the "View from my desk" thread. I decided not to for fear of alarming the folks hereabouts.
cold-war-government-bunker-white-sulphur-springs-west-virginia  [R]  .jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
It's not harmless, this prepper stuff. It almost always involves guns, guns, guns, conspiracy theories, a distrust of government and society, and huge doses of paranoia. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they weren't actively poisoning the minds of other gullible folks. "See them thar chemical trails off of that airplane, sonny?" "That's the gubmint trying to kill you".
What did we do when faced with deeper snowfall, shops not open for a few days.

Most people bought in what they felt would last until the weather got better. We were also able to rely on neighbours who were willing to help you. That seems to have vanished, replaced with a "me" society.

I don't have a gun by the way.

MikeG

Guru
What did we do when faced with deeper snowfall, shops not open for a few days.

Most people bought in what they felt would last until the weather got better. We were also able to rely on neighbours who were willing to help you. That seems to have vanished, replaced with a "me" society.

I don't have a gun by the way.

Being prepared for the vagaries of the weather is not what a prepper is. These people are preparing for an end-of-the-world scenario. Watch Mad Max. That's their idea of heaven.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've got a shotgun and air weapons. Perhaps I should start chewing my own beard and become a prepper?

Costco sell emergency supply packages, with a 20-25 year storage life. Ideal for lazy preppers with a Costco card.

https://www.costco.com/THRIVE-1-Year-Food-Storage-31,500-Servings.product.11763436.html

I've read that when the world ends and civilisation collapses, there will be sufficient fossil fuels for the survivors for months if not years as the pumps can't get the last bits out of the tanks in filling stations so there will be plenty for them to syphon out, apparently. Although I did read this on the internet so it's probably nonsense.
It's nonsense. Petrol goes off pretty quickly.

Svendo

Guru
Heh heh. You would hope. I think the real reason is there is a tribe of devout survivalists who are very passionate about their skillls and what is in their EDC packs they take on the Tube, should the world come to an end whilst on the commute to work. Then there are the trolls who love a bit of engagement and mud slinging towards these harmless individuals.

Let people enjoy themselves even if they have gloomy ambitions.

EDC? Doesn’t seem too gloomy, in fact looks like lots of fun if you like that sort of thing!

It's not harmless, this prepper stuff. It almost always involves guns, guns, guns, conspiracy theories, a distrust of government and society, and huge doses of paranoia. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they weren't actively poisoning the minds of other gullible folks. "See them thar chemical trails off of that airplane, sonny?" "That's the gubmint trying to kill you".
It's like you've never seen Tremors.

Top Bottom