Anyone planning to be a Prepper?

• Yep

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Too late.. we’re doomed!

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm making my own sanitizer from Vodka. I intend applying it internally.

It's not harmless, this prepper stuff. It almost always involves guns, guns, guns, conspiracy theories, a distrust of government and society, and huge doses of paranoia. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they weren't actively poisoning the minds of other gullible folks. "See them thar chemical trails off of that airplane, sonny?" "That's the gubmint trying to kill you".
You sound just like these people you are slagging down
Preppers have nothing to do with the people you are talking about. Preppers in the US are almost entirely a product of hurricane Katrina. Looting of food and other essentials took place within 24 hours. This scared the shite out of a lot of Americans. Of course the reporting of looting was exaggerated, not of essentials but of electrical goods etc.
Then in the UK we had the 2011 rioting where the police at least initially, stood back and watched. This reinforced UK preper views, that they should be prepared for not just a collapse in law and order.....well in reality that is all they are preparing for. Wherever it is caused by a meteor strike or Coronavirus. The Coronavirus has resulted in a "I told you so ".
Of course the Coronavirus is hardly the same as meteor strike ie plenty of "preparation" by the authorities.
Alas most prepers are idiots who think they can load up there imaginary Bergens and just nip into the countryside and live off the land. Nobbers!

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a rock heading our way at speeds of about 8.7km per second or 19,461mph (31,320kmh), due to be "very close" to earth on the 29th April.

Can one actually "plan to be" a prepper? Surely the instant you start planning you technically become a prepper?
Definitely!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I am afraid "very close" does the same damage as bullet missing you bye a mile.
NASA don't issue warnings very often about rocks heading our way. Even if they are saying it's "only 21/2 miles across".

The Daily Mail says there's nothing to worry about, it'll miss us.

Last edited:
NASA don't issue warnings very often about rocks heading our way. Even if they are saying it's "only 21/2 miles across".
I would think that a meteor/asteroid 2.5 miles across depending on the angle of strike is big enough for a "wipeout" of a large proportion of the world population. But one that misses by a half a kilometre will still have the same impact as on that misses our universe.

By the way this is what "we" think about your 2.5 mile across rock

"We" don't care!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom