Anyone read comics?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Viz too still got a big pile of old ones , gone a bit shoot over the years , still get one now and again :smile:
I get the annual every year for Christmas. Always makes for a fun January.
The cartoons are often secondary to the articles and readers letters.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm working my way through the Commando collection on Readly at the moment.

As a kid it was Warlord, Hotspur, and Victor for me.

I managed the first ten or so issues of 2001AD when it first came out but soon lost interest.

I get the Viz annual every year but find some of the drawings in the cartoons are a bit too busy for my older eyes, so don't really read them all, the articles and letters are usually a good laugh though.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Never read them myself but one of my sons was into science fiction comics. We have a couple of large boxes full from when we cleared out his flat when he died. Some are still in their original wrappers and must date back more than 30 years and we keep thinking of looking for a dealer who might want the lot. Not now an immediate possibility.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Never read them myself but one of my sons was into science fiction comics. We have a couple of large boxes full from when we cleared out his flat when he died. Some are still in their original wrappers and must date back more than 30 years and we keep thinking of looking for a dealer who might want the lot. Not now an immediate possibility.
Sorry to hear about that.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The unopened ones could be worth a lot or maybe not but don't take the first offer, you could be sitting on a fair bit of cash.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had a fair few dopers' comics as a teenager. Fat Freddie's Cat, Angelfood McSpade, The Fab Furries etc. A bit later, they turned a bit darker. Does anybody remember S. Clay Wilson's "Captain Pissgums and His Pervert Pirates"? A gave up at that point. Later, when it started, I was an avid reader of Viz. None of the regular strips really appealed, but some of the one-offs were absolutely outstanding....The Thieving Gypsy Bastards.....Bertie Blunt, His Parrot's a ****. Happy days!

Edit: BTW, it's probably best not to investigate The Captain and his Perverts on a work based PC.:okay:

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The unopened ones could be worth a lot or maybe not but don't take the first offer, you could be sitting on a fair bit of cash.
That is what we thought but they will come to no harm waiting. Younger son is in charge but due to the current situation nothing can be done anyway as he is off to Tiawan to work for a month which will now stretch to 2 months due to quarantine in Taiwan and possibly on return to UK.

Top Bottom