Anyone recently turned (or thinking of turning) vegetariann

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Less important but still a factor, land can support sheep that couldn't support anything else. You can't grow organic carrots on a bleak dales hillside.

It's just as important a factor, different soils, aspects latitudes and climates support different types of cropping.

Overstocking of the uplands is a menace.

But that doesn't mean we should have no stocking of the uplands.

We can integrate reduced stocking alongside regeneration of peat, and of those trees, that should be at those altitudes too..

Whilst enhancing amenity, and flood prevention.

People try to over simplify things - often due to lack of knowledge, and hearing easy soundbites such as 'go vegan to save the planet'

It's far more complicated than that.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I typed a long response to this thread, then I thought, no one gives a shite what I think, so I deleted it.
I care about what you think....retype it and share it, pleeeeeeese (particularly if it's about chocolate).

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I typed a long response to this thread, then I thought, no one gives a shite what I think, so I deleted it.

Oh pfiffle, we care as little about what you think as we do the rest of their half baked opinions...:okay:

Stop trying to make yourself seem so special :rolleyes:

Edit - as BB pleads.. Tell us pleease... :angel:

Last edited:
I've been pescetarian since about 1984 and then after a long drive conversation with daughter #1 we both went vegan about three years ago. With one thing and another she's gone back to 'mostly veggie omnivore' and I've reverted to eggs. Living in a household with five wildly different diets has meant some compromises. So the occasional croissant still gets through. I must say that it's very very much easier to eschew meat these days than it was in 1984. fark knows what I'd have eaten if it wasn't for Linda McCartney - gawd bless her.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I care about what you think....retype it and share it, pleeeeeeese (particularly if it's about chocolate).
Oh pfiffle, we care as little about what you think as we do the rest of their half baked opinions...:okay:

Stop trying to make yourself seem so special :rolleyes:

Edit - as BB pleads.. Tell us pleease... :angel:
I really can’t be bothered, nor can I remember, and I realise now I don’t even care what I think.
ETA @mudsticks I don’t seem special, I am special, always have been.

Brooks

I haven't eaten meat for about 6 years now due to health reasons. I feel much better for it for sure. I tend not to get much processed veggie foods but I do get a Quorn roast for the odd Sunday lunch and it's very good.
There is endless veggie recipes on YouTube to help people make some great meals. One of my favourites would be a 5 bean chilli, can't have that enough!😀

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've been pescetarian since about 1984 and then after a long drive conversation with daughter #1 we both went vegan about three years ago. With one thing and another she's gone back to 'mostly veggie omnivore' and I've reverted to eggs. Living in a household with five wildly different diets has meant some compromises. So the occasional croissant still gets through. I must say that it's very very much easier to eschew meat these days than it was in 1984. fark knows what I'd have eaten if it wasn't for Linda McCartney - gawd bless her.
I like it when people manage to combine principles and common sense. A friend of my daughters is a vege, but she'll eat others' leftovers, meat or otherwise, rather than see food go to waste. And not in any kind of martyr-ish way...much more shrug shoulders 'well why wouldn't you?'

vickster

Legendary Member
If you do e
I haven't eaten meat for about 6 years now due to health reasons. I feel much better for it for sure. I tend not to get much processed veggie foods but I do get a Quorn roast for the odd Sunday lunch and it's very good.
There is endless veggie recipes on YouTube to help people make some great meals. One of my favourites would be a 5 bean chilli, can't have that enough!😀
I do hope you live alone :ph34r:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I really can’t be bothered, nor can I remember, and I realise now I don’t even care what I think.
ETA @mudsticks I don’t seem special, I am special, always have been.
Oh Good, would hate to think there had been any chunks taken out of your self esteem :okay: you speshul person you..

Now though of course, we all care more about what you think than you do, yourself.. :rolleyes:

Could you at least try to come up with a position for your fans ??

You could claim to be a freegan, dumpster diver..

At least thats a pretty cheap, if slightly random way of getting nutrition :okay:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I went vegetarian quite a few years ago now. I still do dairy and occasionally eat fish. I fly fish and sea fish when I can so it would be a bit hypocrticical not to.

Was it difficult? No, not really. I have felt a lot better since and other than missing a good winter stew or beef chilli every now and then, I haven't been tempted to go back.

I really like the Quorn range of stuff but don't use it many times per week. I do just about all the cooking and don't often run out of ideas.

I went into a butchers recently to get my son some chicken and sausages. He isn't vegetarian and wants to see some cooking before he heads off to uni. The thing that struck me was the price of stuff. I must have saved a fortune since I stopped eating it.

Top Bottom