Anyone recently turned (or thinking of turning) vegetariann

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yesterdays BBQ catered for 3 veggies and 3 meat eaters.
Veggie foods have improved so much!!
The Aldi 1/4 pound veggie burgers and sausages were given a BIG thumbs up.
MrsD is eating less and less meat.
Even I enjoyed the veggie burger.........you just have to get your head around the fact that its not supposed to actually taste/be like meat.
As old farts its a bit late in life but we may we moving to the dark side.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
No, but I'll happily eat veggie food without moving totally to the dark side.

vickster

Legendary Member
I stopped eating meat last August. Don’t miss it. I do eat fish or seafood a couple of times a week though to get the protein 👍 I’m not keen on tofu I will admit, and try to avoid too much processed veggie food like burgers

vickster

Legendary Member
Yesterdays BBQ catered for 3 veggies and 3 meat eaters.
Veggie foods have improved so much!!
The Aldi 1/4 pound veggie burgers and sausages were given a BIG thumbs up.
MrsD is eating less and less meat.
Even I enjoyed the veggie burger.........you just have to get your head around the fact that its not supposed to actually taste/be like meat.
As old farts its a bit late in life but we may we moving to the dark side.
Tut... a big party pre lockdown easing :whistle:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I'm not a vegetarian but my meat consumption has dropped quite a bit this year. Not a conscious decision, it just seems to have happened.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nope, although I've moderated my meat intake somewhat for weight and cholestrol reasons. Neither metric was high, but I'm not getting any younger so better a bit of mild prevention now than radical repair work later.

As an aside, I've tried some of the alternatives previously suggested on these hallowed pages and I reckon the box they came in would invariably taste better, though that's me.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm not a veggie but have tried various veggie items such as Quorn mince, veggie burgers, bean and cheese burgers etc. They are perfectly nice. But I don't buy them because they are often high in fat, or are not gluten free, or contain a lot of additives and sugar that you don't find in fresh meat. With unprocessed meat, I know what I'm getting more or less. The fact that i don't know how the animal lived or was treated is another story!

The Rover

Guru
we went veggie last October, the initial reason was due to my health as I suffer from fibromyalgia, I don’t have it as bad as some people and find the fatigue the worse part of it. A friend suggested watching the “ game changers “ on netflix which I found very inspiring and we made the change the following day.

Within a couple of weeks a lot of the pain I had, especially in my legs reduced massively, I’ve more energy though I still need to catch up on my sleep during the day but the best part was that I’ve been able to reduce my medication significantly. My Cholesterol has reduced and we’ve both lost Weight.

As you say the choice of veggie food is now massive and it seems a good time to try it.

Cheers.

Slick

Guru
After a couple of conversations at work and watching a couple of documentaries, I thought I would give it a go, but that was pre lockdown and I'm afraid Mrs Slick is actually going the other way by eating more but to be fair to her, she probably needs it much more than I do. If we ever get back to anything resembling a normal life I will definitely try again.

I eat a calorie reduction diet that is simply eating veggies for around 10 meals a week, the other 4 may be 'meat-ish'.
Veggies are literally just that, not some faux meat substitute that is packed full of additives/fat/sugar to try and mimic the mouth satisfaction of meat. Portion control with vegetables isn't something that needs to be thought about, a kilo of boiled cauliflower is about 250 calories, whack a bit of homemade soup over it (or curry powder or salt/pepper) and you're good to go - not too windy even.

Top Bottom