anyone recommend a smart phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
i am after an easy to use smart phone that is durable as i work outdoors . it needs to be hassle free and reliable . i don't want to have to go to the shop every week to sort problems out . last phone after an update went to Spanish and lost lots of stuff off it and the keyboard kept disappearing every time i put a new letter in when texting

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So... this thread is going to go like this.

1) People list the phones they have had
2) They then will either A: Tell you how many times they have dropped it, got it wet etc and it still works or B: Tell you it used to break all the time, regardless of it being 1 device out of millions sold.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2775546, member: 259"]Only trouble is, it's a Sony. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I don't recall the 'only trouble is' bit on their logo.

its_a_sony_logo_2763.gif

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
So... this thread is going to go like this.

1) People list the phones they have had
2) They then will either A: Tell you how many times they have dropped it, got it wet etc and it still works or B: Tell you it used to break all the time, regardless of it being 1 device out of millions sold.

3) **** about!

sazzaa

I have an HTC One, good solid phone with a screen I haven't managed to scratch yet. Any phone you get will be more durable with a screen protector and a case. I hear the sony waterproof one is actually quite good. Just don't get an iphone.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
hassle free & reliable shouldn't be hard to find, nor should the ability to be updated without going all ariba ariba on you. As to durable, I don't think any smart phones are particularly good at handling abuse - the screens go all wobbly-lipped if you say boo too close. If I was in an occupation where physical damage was likely/probable/certain, I think I might be inclined to think of my phone as a disposable, and buy secondhand off ebay on that basis. You could, eg, get a couple of San Franciscos (AKA ZTE Blade) which can be picked up on ebay for as little as £40-£50 - use one, have t'other as backup for when you drop it in the gloppada gloppada machine.

Stephenite

Membå
[QUOTE 2775546, member: 259"]I don't know what your price range is, but Sony do a waterproof Xperia.

Only trouble is, it's a Sony. :rolleyes:[/quote]
More water-resistant than water-proof. Having said that I'd probably get one of those if I hadn't just bought an HTC Desire 500 - which is OK for the money.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
other half has just got a Nokia Lumia 625 and a week later has had a few issues but Virgin are trying to sort it out so fingers crossed Richard can

Broadside

Guru
More water-resistant than water-proof. Having said that I'd probably get one of those if I hadn't just bought an HTC Desire 500 - which is OK for the money.

I met someone who has got the new Xperia over the weekend. It is rated to withstand submersion in 1 metre of water for 30 mins. She showed me photos she had taken of her kids swimming underwater, pretty impressive stuff.

Top Bottom