England : London Anyone recommend bromley / beckenham club (se london)

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by eddieandrews, 6 Jul 2017.

1. eddieandrews

eddieandrews New Member

Hi! Could anyone recommend a good cycling club that has sunday morning group rides in the bromley/beckenham area of south east London? I'm really looking for sociable medium paced long rides just to keep the endurance up. Cheers, Andy

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

@ianrauk might have some ideas

And there are a number of suggestions here https://panaguabikes.com/pages/local-cycling-clubs#.WV5zAoTyvcs

Penge CC have a number of Sunday Club runs http://pengecycleclub.org.uk/adults/sunday-morning-club-rides/

3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Big Foot in Hayes is probably the most popular. Well regarded too. They run from Panagua Bikes that @vickster linked to above.

Blue Hills likes this.
  4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

5. Dec66

Dec66 A gentlemanly pootler, these days

A big thumbs up from me for Penge. If I were able to get out for weekend group rides, I'd go with them.

Also consider Bigfoot as mentioned, Old Portlians in West Wickham and Beckenham Rugby Cyclists.

Beckenham Cycling Club have a very nice kit but I think they're a bunch of mates who happen to have formed a club and therefore it's not open membership (I might be wrong though).

6. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Dec66 likes this.
  7. Dec66

Very slick website, indeed. And a nice jersey.

Green Street Green's a bit of a schlepp from Beckenham, though... I'd be too knackered to go on the ride after riding to the meeting point ^_^

8. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

We get people over from dartford and Sevenoaks in the club, quite a lot going on all year too. See it as a warm up...!

Dec66 likes this.
  9. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware this existed, I'm in pratts bottom

Tin Pot likes this.
  10. plasticniki

plasticniki Active Member

Another Penge CC vote here. Very friendly bunch, caters for all types of riders from those who pootle for a coffee to racers smashing 100km in three hours. Got a pretty active social side too and there's loads to get involved including trips abroad and weekly Turbo Beat sessions.

I can normally be found leading a ride on a Sunday morning outside SE20 Cycles. Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Fnaar, Blue Hills and Dec66 like this.
  11. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I forgot you are that close to me.
    How's the Yukon? Still have it?

Last edited: 2 Oct 2017
  12. Dec66

Are you holding up the content of your bidon cages in your picture? ^_^

Last edited: 2 Oct 2017
  13. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

They just asked me to join the committee but I've had to decline, other commitments.

Very friendly club though, lots going on.

maroon likes this.
  14. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member

Hi Ian,
    Yeah I still have it and very much enjoy the ride, did my first mini upgrade recently got some hand built wheels from Peter Hewitt which I'm very happy with and tinkering with the rest any ideas on blinging it up.????

15. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member

I think I spotted them congregating at the Mot centre on green street green the other morning are the kits white/blue jerseys???

Tin Pot likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice