England : London Anyone recommend bromley / beckenham club (se london)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eddieandrews

Hi! Could anyone recommend a good cycling club that has sunday morning group rides in the bromley/beckenham area of south east London? I'm really looking for sociable medium paced long rides just to keep the endurance up. Cheers, Andy

vickster

Legendary Member
@ianrauk might have some ideas

And there are a number of suggestions here https://panaguabikes.com/pages/local-cycling-clubs#.WV5zAoTyvcs

Penge CC have a number of Sunday Club runs http://pengecycleclub.org.uk/adults/sunday-morning-club-rides/

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
A big thumbs up from me for Penge. If I were able to get out for weekend group rides, I'd go with them.

Also consider Bigfoot as mentioned, Old Portlians in West Wickham and Beckenham Rugby Cyclists.

Beckenham Cycling Club have a very nice kit but I think they're a bunch of mates who happen to have formed a club and therefore it's not open membership (I might be wrong though).

Tin Pot

Guru
Very slick website, indeed. And a nice jersey.

Green Street Green's a bit of a schlepp from Beckenham, though... I'd be too knackered to go on the ride after riding to the meeting point ^_^

We get people over from dartford and Sevenoaks in the club, quite a lot going on all year too. See it as a warm up...!

maroon

Über Member
All those other clubs are terrible, GS Avanti rule!

And we have the best website ;)

https://www.gsavanti.co.uk/
Wasn't aware this existed, I'm in pratts bottom

plasticniki

Another Penge CC vote here. Very friendly bunch, caters for all types of riders from those who pootle for a coffee to racers smashing 100km in three hours. Got a pretty active social side too and there's loads to get involved including trips abroad and weekly Turbo Beat sessions.

I can normally be found leading a ride on a Sunday morning outside SE20 Cycles. Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Another Penge CC vote here. Very friendly bunch, caters for all types of riders from those who pootle for a coffee to racers smashing 100km in three hours. Got a pretty active social side too and there's loads to get involved including trips abroad and weekly Turbo Beat sessions.

I can normally be found leading a ride on a Sunday morning outside SE20 Cycles. Give me a shout if you have any questions!
Are you holding up the content of your bidon cages in your picture? ^_^

Last edited:

maroon

Über Member
I forgot you are that close to me.
How's the Yukon? Still have it?
Hi Ian,
Yeah I still have it and very much enjoy the ride, did my first mini upgrade recently got some hand built wheels from Peter Hewitt which I'm very happy with and tinkering with the rest any ideas on blinging it up.????

maroon

Über Member
Hi Ian,
Yeah I still have it and very much enjoy the ride, did my first mini upgrade recently got some hand built wheels from Peter Hewitt which I'm very happy with and tinkering with the rest any ideas on blinging it up.????
They just asked me to join the committee but I've had to decline, other commitments.

Very friendly club though, lots going on.
I think I spotted them congregating at the Mot centre on green street green the other morning are the kits white/blue jerseys???

Top Bottom