England : London Anyone recommend bromley / beckenham club (se london)

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by eddieandrews, 6 Jul 2017.

1. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Yep that's us. Sunday has four groups going out, I think Saturday has one too.

Time trials, weekends away, turbo training, Kentish Killer, etc etc.

:smile:

2. maroon

maroon Senior Member

I'd love to join but need to do bit more stamina work as I think I'd be stuck at the back

3. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

sounds wonderful - I'm all for informal inclusive outfits - used to lead lots of rides for a local lcc group and the mix of regulars, intermittent regulars and curious new folks was one of the rewarding joys of it - came across someone recently who enjoyed many a ride under this informal non regime who now appears to run rides "by invitation only". squashed ego t***.

I'm quite local so may pop along.

4. maroon

maroon Senior Member

Please do I may join you if I pluck up the courage

Blue Hills likes this.
  5. mgs315

mgs315 Senior Member

@Blue Hills and @maroon do it, I visited this lovely club just this recent (very chilly) weekend and they’re more than accommodating and friendly. Joined the club this week too so if you want a fellow newbie to meet up with feel free to PM :okay:

maroon likes this.
  6. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

May pop along, and this comes to you from a pub just down the road.

mgs315 likes this.
  7. maroon

maroon Senior Member

Apologises for the late delay, thanks I may well do that

8. crazyjoe101

crazyjoe101 New Member

I started cycling with a club run out of my LBS - Team Sidcup Cycles. I started on the very slowest ride on my near-BSO and eventually ended up riding with the fast group when I got my roadie, I found them friendly and helpful; if I moved up a group too early someone always pulled me round the last few miles which was very encouraging as a novice. When I am cycling regularly again I'll go back to doing the group rides.

maroon and Blue Hills like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice