England : London Anyone recommend bromley / beckenham club (se london)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I think I spotted them congregating at the Mot centre on green street green the other morning are the kits white/blue jerseys???

Yep that's us. Sunday has four groups going out, I think Saturday has one too.

Time trials, weekends away, turbo training, Kentish Killer, etc etc.

:smile:

maroon

Über Member
Yep that's us. Sunday has four groups going out, I think Saturday has one too.

Time trials, weekends away, turbo training, Kentish Killer, etc etc.

:smile:
I'd love to join but need to do bit more stamina work as I think I'd be stuck at the back

Another Penge CC vote here. Very friendly bunch, caters for all types of riders from those who pootle for a coffee to racers smashing 100km in three hours. Got a pretty active social side too and there's loads to get involved including trips abroad and weekly Turbo Beat sessions.

I can normally be found leading a ride on a Sunday morning outside SE20 Cycles. Give me a shout if you have any questions!
sounds wonderful - I'm all for informal inclusive outfits - used to lead lots of rides for a local lcc group and the mix of regulars, intermittent regulars and curious new folks was one of the rewarding joys of it - came across someone recently who enjoyed many a ride under this informal non regime who now appears to run rides "by invitation only". squashed ego t***.

I'm quite local so may pop along.

maroon

Über Member
sounds wonderful - I'm all for informal inclusive outfits - used to lead lots of rides for a local lcc group and the mix of regulars, intermittent regulars and curious new folks was one of the rewarding joys of it - came across someone recently who enjoyed many a ride under this informal non regime who now appears to run rides "by invitation only". squashed ego t***.

I'm quite local so may pop along.
Please do I may join you if I pluck up the courage

mgs315

@Blue Hills and @maroon do it, I visited this lovely club just this recent (very chilly) weekend and they’re more than accommodating and friendly. Joined the club this week too so if you want a fellow newbie to meet up with feel free to PM :okay:

crazyjoe101

I started cycling with a club run out of my LBS - Team Sidcup Cycles. I started on the very slowest ride on my near-BSO and eventually ended up riding with the fast group when I got my roadie, I found them friendly and helpful; if I moved up a group too early someone always pulled me round the last few miles which was very encouraging as a novice. When I am cycling regularly again I'll go back to doing the group rides.

Top Bottom