Anyone recommend good roof rack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are so many variables it is impossible to recommend something. We don't even know what car you have or how you want to load the bikes and where you want to clamp them.

I suggest you go to the Thule website, look at the options and then decide on style. There are cheaper options than Thule.

Slioch

Guru
I've been using Halfords own brand roofbars and bike carriers for years without any issues. They don't look as good as the Thule ones, but they are a lot cheaper.

Use the Halfords website to look up the type of roofbar/fittings etc fits your car, then go onto Ebay for a look. There's always people selling these things whenever they change their car so you may get a bargain.

Slick

Guru
4 bikes on the roof, I'd rather have them on the towbar
Me too. Nothing to do with bikes but I went to a fabricator to make me a very specific heavy duty roof rack which he duly did at a very reasonable cost. I forgot the first rule of physics though that it was only ever going to be as strong as the foundation it sat on and eventually the roof of my old van caved in. :laugh::shy:

D

Deleted member 26715

Me too. Nothing to do with bikes but I went to a fabricator to make me a very specific heavy duty roof rack which he duly did at a very reasonable cost. I forgot the first rule of physics though that it was only ever going to be as strong as the foundation it sat on and eventually the roof of my old van caved in. :laugh::shy:
Good point most cars can only handle 75kg on the roof 4x 15kg bikes + roof rack will be close

Top Bottom