Anyone ride an SMP saddle here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anyone on a selle italia SLR superflow ?
That's the one with more hole than seat. I would love to try one but a bit of a gamble at £140.
£101.22 at Wiggle. They haven't charged for the hole.

gavgav

Guru
I tried one and whilst it was comfortable to sit on it absolutely killed my knee to the point that i couldn't pedal at all past 20 miles. Tried it for a few rides and adjustments made no difference. Swapped back to my Specialized and all was fine again. Don't know what it was but something about it clearly didn't suit me :sad:

Citius

Anyone on a selle italia SLR superflow ?
That's the one with more hole than seat. I would love to try one but a bit of a gamble at £140.

A saddle like that should be a lot less than £140 - cos it's mostly air...

OP
OP
blackgoff

blackgoff

I'll never forget why the SMP made sense to me..

I do a bit of racing and a training group I ride, one of the routes has about a mile incline - false-flat type of thing..which is rode about 25mph and its whilst you're riding it you need every contact point to be centred just like Wiggins sits on his bike which is perfect.

Part of that fit is to be able to push extremely hard, to power 25 is quite a 'go.

So I was getting pressure right in the centre of the saddle and that detracted from reducing the amount of discomfort to be able to produce that power in a total ergonomic way...

So whilst going thru this 'sensation' doing over 175bpm and its bloody hot I thought this is rediculous...you do not need anything pulling your minset and physical discomfort..

After I'd got home I ordered one straight away...

Next time out on the ride same crazy-arsed speed less pressure..

That's a result to less stressful effort when the minutest things matter soo very much...

That why I invested in an SMP as they are an investment!

Citius

I'll never forget why the SMP made sense to me..

I do a bit of racing and a training group I ride, one of the routes has about a mile incline - false-flat type of thing..which is rode about 25mph and its whilst you're riding it you need every contact point to be centred just like Wiggins sits on his bike which is perfect.

Part of that fit is to be able to push extremely hard, to power 25 is quite a 'go.

So I was getting pressure right in the centre of the saddle and that detracted from reducing the amount of discomfort to be able to produce that power in a total ergonomic way...

So whilst going thru this 'sensation' doing over 175bpm and its bloody hot I thought this is rediculous...you do not need anything pulling your minset and physical discomfort..

After I'd got home I ordered one straight away...

Next time out on the ride same crazy-arsed speed less pressure..

That's a result to less stressful effort when the minutest things matter soo very much...

That why I invested in an SMP as they are an investment!

rcNrT.gif

I tried a couple of SMP saddles but didn't get on with them. A company in Sutton Coldfield do a loan service, for a deposit they will send you one for a months trial. They are: http://www.dillglove.co.uk/

Top Bottom