Anyone ride with a rucksac?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I use a rack/panier on the hybrid for larger loads,on the road bike I just have a medium size bum bag type thing fits quite a lot in but the weight of it is low down so don't make your back all wet.
Thinking of putting a rack on the roadie can always take it off when not needed only 4 bolts.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
potsy said:
Thinking of putting a rack on the roadie can always take it off when not needed only 4 bolts.

Its not as easy as you think it might be, plus you run the risk of scratching the paintwork in the process no matter how careful you are.

potsy

Rambler
AlanW said:
Its not as easy as you think it might be, plus you run the risk of scratching the paintwork in the process no matter how careful you are.
Really,that's good to know.
Only an idea anyway can't see me needing the extra capacity tbh,and it's certainly not gonna be locked up outside shops etc.
Heavy hybrid it is then for shopping duties.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
potsy said:
Really,that's good to know.
Only an idea anyway can't see me needing the extra capacity tbh,and it's certainly not gonna be locked up outside shops etc.
Heavy hybrid it is then for shopping duties.

Its at this point that I have to admit to buying a rack before the Barley saddlebag. :thumbsup:

But two reasons why it never stayed on the bike:-

1) It looked terrible, no matter how practical it would be.

2) It was a right faff to fit and I scratched the paintwork in the process. :sad:

Then I looked on how easy/quick it was to remove for the weekend rides.

It is fair to add that once it was removed it was never refitted and someone had a bargain on e-bay!

Top Bottom