Anyone see Planet Earth II?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No, apparently recent research shows them to be actually venomous.

I stand corrected then - older programmes had the bacteria as the killer.

D

Deleted member 1258

Not so much poisonous, but there is so much bacteria in their mouths, any wound usually leads to blood poisoning. They usually bite their 'lunch' then follow it until it dies.

The program I was watching was saying they use a slow acting poison, but I'd go with blood poisoning its probably just as effective.

keithmac

Guru
There was a programme a while back (on Nat Geo?) where a Komodo dragon bit a buffalo and then followed it round for 3 to 5 days until it finally died. Not a nice way to go..

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Visually stunning. Can't wait for episode two. Sometimes I wonder why I still have a tv. This programme is one of the few reasons I do

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Visually stunning. Can't wait for episode two. Sometimes I wonder why I still have a tv. This programme is one of the few reasons I do

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There was a programme a while back (on Nat Geo?) where a Komodo dragon bit a buffalo and then followed it round for 3 to 5 days until it finally died. Not a nice way to go..

That's one I saw - takes a while !!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Did anyone really believe that that was the actual penguin 'partner' heroically fighting his way through the surf back to his little family?
Even though I agree entirely about the tendency to schmaltz (tho' it does have to sell to the Americans, so...) I'm pretty sure the penguin stuff is for real. I don't know how they find their mate in the midst of that sea of penguins, but I believe that is how it works.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Stunning programme, justifies having a whopping big LCD telly^_^. The penguin section was astonishing. I will never complain about any commute I ever do again after seeing what they do just for some food....:ohmy:.

Top Bottom