Anyone see Planet Earth II?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

The scene where the Iguana got caught by the snake and wriggled free has appeared on my facebook page with added sub titles, a lot of bad language, but very funny.

vickster

Legendary Member
Those ibex last night gave me vertigo!! And aww to the bobcat, cute (wouldn't want to meet a hungry one though)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's fabulous in HD even on terrestrial.
I caught episode #1 on repeat yesterday. I watch via Freesat which has even better HD picture quality. Some scenes were simply stunning!

I have friends who claim not to see the difference between HD and SD, If they can't see how good the picture quality is on that programme then they definitely 'should have gone to SpecSavers'!

PS The racer snakes were just so cute! :whistle: :laugh:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I caught episode #1 on repeat yesterday. I watch via Freesat which has even better HD picture quality. Some scenes were simply stunning!

I have friends who claim not to see the difference between HD and SD, If they can't see how good the picture quality is on that programme then they definitely 'should have gone to SpecSavers'!

PS The racer snakes were just so cute! :whistle: :laugh:
I have to admit, I've been sticking with my old CRT tv all these years - I like it, it still works fine, what's the problem? - saying (which is true) that I prefer the colour to any new flat-screen I've come across, but I watched a bit of PE2 on a friend's (nothing fancy) LCD tv t'other night, and for the very first time I must confess my resolution (no pun intended) started to waver. I still marginally prefer the colour on mine, but the price you pay, in terms of sharpness, has never been quite so in-my-face.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have to admit, I've been sticking with my old CRT tv all these years - I like it, it still works fine, what's the problem? - saying (which is true) that I prefer the colour to any new flat-screen I've come across, but I watched a bit of PE2 on a friend's (nothing fancy) LCD tv t'other night, and for the very first time I must confess my resolution (no pun intended) started to waver. I still marginally prefer the colour on mine, but the price you pay, in terms of sharpness, has never been quite so in-my-face.
I made my widescreen CRT TV last nearly 15 years. I delayed getting an LCD TV until the picture quality was good enough to convince me to switch, which I did about 18 months ago.

Many modern TVs come with awful default settings which a lot of people never change, or randomly fiddle with and make worse! I consulted a few websites which give recommended settings for different TV models. I used those settings on my Samsung set and they make the picture look much better. The picture now looks much more natural, is bright, clear and very enjoyable to watch for programmes such as P.E. II. The one thing that lets my set down is its ability to cope with rapid movement such as fast panning. There are settings to smooth out the juddering but I don't like the results which make human/animal movement look unnatural. A bit of judder is a small price to pay for an otherwise splendid visual treat.

As for the racer snakes ... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! :eek:

Top Bottom