Anyone seen a wheel built with alternating black and silver spokes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Wouldn't it mean that one side of the wheel would be white and t'other side black?
Well it could be.
Or a semi circle could be silver and another black or .... some other combo.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Oh no! I can't pump my tires up because there are no coloured spokes showing me where to find the valve:eek:.:cry:

When I build a wheel I line up the hub label with the valve hole. Common practice with wheelbuilders.

There's not a technical reason why you cannot have spokes of different colours. There's even wheelbuilders that like to use 2 different spoke thickness on the rear wheel.

In the summer I see lots of SS bikes with rims and spokes in some really bright colours. They look OK I think.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Before we had black spokes I'm pretty sure that there was only silver spokes. Who knows that in years to come the choice for spokes will be any colour you want. White, blue and green spokes can already be bought in SS dedicated BS.

The same goes for rims. I'm going to build myself a seat of bright green Velocity V deep rims and white spokes for my SS next summer. ^_^

Biker Joe

Über Member
Before we had black spokes I'm pretty sure that there was only silver spokes. Who knows that in years to come the choice for spokes will be any colour you want. White, blue and green spokes can already be bought in SS dedicated BS.

The same goes for rims. I'm going to build myself a seat of bright green Velocity V deep rims and white spokes for my SS next summer. ^_^
My early bikes had beautiful, shiny, chrome spokes that sparkled in the sunshine.
You can't beat a bit of chrome on your bike.:biggrin:

Top Bottom