Anyone seen saddle bag support like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
Does anyone know what this rack is and where I can get one in Europe?

Many thanks.
158-display.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Ive seen them in pics plenty of times but never really paid attention to them.

A similar idea is the Caradice SQR system. A block that affixes to the seatpost with a frame that clicks on & off onto which you can attach bag. Worth a look.

OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
It's the little supports that connect to the seat stays that interest me. It looks much stronger and able to work with my Pendle as well as bigger bags.

It's the little supports that connect to the seat stays that interest me. It looks much stronger and able to work with my Pendle as well as bigger bags.

For an authentic retro look you need a Brooks saddlebag support. They come up on ebay for around £15 last time I looked.

mW4RBauCaz4EcbRzduturmA.jpg

The only problem is that you need to tape the stays up to prevent the clamps damaging the paintwork and they don't hold big weights.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
For an authentic retro look you need a Brooks saddlebag support. They come up on ebay for around £15 last time I looked.

View attachment 91104

The only problem is that you need to tape the stays up to prevent the clamps damaging the paintwork and they don't hold big weights.

i have seen a couple of these but @accountantpete says they can destroy the paintwork on your rear stays

i think the modern ones are better http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carradice...432?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339f365238

and less likely to do any damage but they are not that retro

Top Bottom