Anyone seen the Starlink satellite constellation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No, me neither, but there's plenty of reports on my local facebook group from an hour or so ago.

someone on FB mentioned it (starlink) will be visible again at around 11pm, but knowing my luck, it'll have clouded over by then.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
One for @simon the viking to watch for?

One for @simon the viking to watch for?

Thanks for the heads up... Got the telescope out for the first time tonight.......... Hadn't got a clue what I was doing, managed to see a couple of neighbours getting changed stars but think I need to align the finder scope better.. I kind of skipped that stage in the assembly instructions as I assumed you did it against the sky at night not against a stationary object in broad daylight as you tube has now shown me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If I saw it, it was vert faint. Cloud rolled in quickly from above before the trail got high enough to see, but could see something rising from the West. It's alot lower in the sky at 7, and more to the south.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
In other astronomy news... Betelgeuse is apparently dimming. I'd love to see that go supernova.
We could end up with two :sun::sun:

midlife

Guru
Wandered outside at 7pm but didn't see much moving apart from the usual planes tooling around :smile:. Clear skies here near Carlisle so I guess a frosty morning for new years day.

Top Bottom