Anyone seen these amazing lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
they have them in decathlon

Biker Joe

Über Member
The idea is good but why put the sensor and light together as one unit.
It would make more sense to have the sensor down by the wheel and the lamp that could be mounted elsewhere.
Perhaps that will be the next step.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
It would make more sense to have the sensor down by the wheel and the lamp that could be mounted elsewhere.
The technology allows this and personally I think it's a very tidy elegant solution.

simon.r

Person

That's what http://www.reelight.com/ do. I've been using one of those for a year and I've been impressed with it. One of the drawbacks is the two large magnets that you have to fit to your spokes. It looks as if the Magnic Light uses the rim instead. Clever.

Biker Joe

Über Member
2678026 said:
Reelight do a version like that. Like these they cost a lot for what they are.
Yeah. Research and development costs etc.
If it works out, the cost of the item should come down somewhat in the future. (One would hope^_^ )

Kies

If they packed up after a year suggests a set of cheap flashers and batteries would work out better.
Having lost a £50 front light to water ingress. I'm more inclined to go for cheaper lights and replace as they fail. T6 cree from China being a case in point at £18 posted

Can they be switched off?

The problem with the originals was that they couldn't. Stations and some ferries will not allow a red or red flashing light as it can be mistaken as an emergency signal or instructional signal

Top Bottom