Anyone seen these amazing lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's a clever idea!

It looks like having a light on one side of the wheel means that it is not so visible from the opposite side. I think that it would be better to extend the mount and place the light above the wheel.

D

Deleted member 23692

Clever concept, but I wouldn't be happy about using brake caliper bolts to mount the lamp bracket. It would also have been nice if they regulated the voltage so it won't dim if you're struggling up hill/riding slowly or stopped at a junction.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
That's a clever idea!

It looks like having a light on one side of the wheel means that it is not so visible from the opposite side. I think that it would be better to extend the mount and place the light above the wheel.
This can't be done Colin, it uses the rim as a clever way of inducing currents and then harvesting them. The on.y way that I can think of, is to use the sensor mount and a cache battery and obviously wires to wherever the light is mounted. This would incur extra expense and an unnecessary option.

The simplest and again most elegant way is how the manufacturer / designer suggest,one either side. This also allows you to in effect carry a back up light as they're independent of each other.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Clever concept, but I wouldn't be happy about using brake caliper bolts to mount the lamp bracket. It would also have been nice if they regulated the voltage so it won't dim if you're struggling up hill/riding slowly or stopped at a junction.
On the website there are various mounting brackets.

byegad

Legendary Member
If they packed up after a year suggests a set of cheap flashers and batteries would work out better.
Having lost a £50 front light to water ingress. I'm more inclined to go for cheaper lights and replace as they fail. T6 cree from China being a case in point at £18 posted

That was my conclusion too. I had them several years ago, just after they came out.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I did a road test with a very similar product, got them for free, couldnt wait to remove them from the bike

They went straight into the bin

Useless.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Once again not to be mistaken with Reelights.

Thats the ones that went in the bin I think?

ColinJ

This can't be done Colin, it uses the rim as a clever way of inducing currents and then harvesting them. The on.y way that I can think of, is to use the sensor mount and a cache battery and obviously wires to wherever the light is mounted. This would incur extra expense and an unnecessary option.

The simplest and again most elegant way is how the manufacturer / designer suggest,one either side. This also allows you to in effect carry a back up light as they're independent of each other.
Which would be fine if they had a 'two for the price of one' offer! :thumbsup:

Ah - they do two front lights and one rear for just under £200; fairly expensive, but probably worth it if you used them a lot. You could always use a conventional LED rear light on the other side for backup. (Rear batteries last a lot longer than those on the front so battery life wouldn't be a big issue.)

ColinJ

2678447 said:
It is traditional, when banging the drum for anything, to confirm that a person is just a satisfied customer without any commercial motivation.
Actually, it is traditional to trust long-standing members with over 3,600 posts, and only suspect spamming by people who register for CycleChat and immediately start 'banging the drum' for products!

Your question was uncalled for. :thumbsdown:

D

Deleted member 23692

On the website there are various mounting brackets.
Correct... and if your bike has dual pivot, side pull, cantilever or vee brakes the relevant mounting bracket utilises some part of the brake to hold it to the bike. You may like that as a mounting solution, but I don't

Top Bottom