Anyone succeeded in becoming a morning person?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

I'm one of these people who doesn't feel quite human in the morning and I've long had an awkward relationship with my sleep pattern. I'm sure that both my cycling and my academic life could be improved a little if I could change this.

Has anyone like me successfully 'converted' themself to mornings? Was it just a case of MTFU or what?

All ideas appreciated, just try not to lecture me about my indolent ways. ;)

Matthew

tyred

Legendary Member
The morning is my favourite time of the day.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As I get older I seem to need less and less sleep. I'm in bed by 10:30 most nights and usually awake by 05:00, at which point I have to get up, much to Mrs RR's irritation.

As above, early mornings are a fantastic time of the day. Great for a ride in summer as you see all kinds of things....

Mr Pig

I've succeeded in getting more people to go out for rides by heading off at seven in the morning. People are initially reluctant to get up at 6.30 but they're more reluctant to go out later in the day. Need to drag yourself up but once you're out for ten minutes you're fine :0)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've always been a morning person... all my life. I used to make breakfast for the rest of the family when I was 12 or 13... didn't have to, just enjoyed getting up before everyone else. Unfortunately I'm also a late night person, and the two don't go well together!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The quiet lanes around here make 7 o'clock starts a real joy... watching the place wake up and seeing the sun rise! But getting out of bed is the hardest bit...

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm definitely a morning person. I'm usually up at about 6-6.30 regardless of the time of year or amount of sleep I've had.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I wake up about 6-6.30 but could lie in bed for hours given the chance. I hate dragging myself out of bed. But I can almost happily get up much earlier to cycle to work. Once I'm up I'm fine.

ChrisKH

Guru
Well let me know if it's possible.

I am a morning person. My wife is a night owl. I want to go to bed at 10.30. She wants to go to bed at 12.30, etc.etc. So when I'm ready for bed, she is ready for a natter and vice versa. It does put a strain on things as there is an expectation that I will go to bed at 12.30 but I have to be up early in the morning for work. I also find I need more sleep than her generally.

Anyone else have this problem?

beancounter

ChrisKH said:
Well let me know if it's possible.

I am a morning person. My wife is a night owl. I want to go to bed at 10.30. She wants to go to bed at 12.30, etc.etc. So when I'm ready for bed, she is ready for a natter and vice versa. It does put a strain on things as there is an expectation that I will go to bed at 12.30 but I have to be up early in the morning for work. I also find I need more sleep than her generally.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, we used to be the same, but 3 years of living with me has knackered her out to such a degree that we both go to bed at 10 now.

bc

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
3 years of getting up at 6:00 to get to work 1 1/2 hours+ away for 8:30. And sometimes a 5:30 rise to get the train in.

Then 6:30 seems like a lovely lie in.

Worked for me!!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Mornings in the summer are great as the change in light seems to prepare the body for waking.
Waking to a pitch black winter morning at 05:45 feels a bit wrong, but it's ok once i'm up.

Seem to remember some sort of alarm clock that had a light that gradually gets brighter to mimic sunrise, might be an idea.

iacula

I wish I wasn't a morning person, I get up at 5pm and any programme on TV starting after 9pm is on too late for me to watch!

Top Bottom