Anyone take bike in car to start of ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We've been moving stuff about with the Suzuki Swift for two years so the roof bars are permanently fixed. It's no problem to pop the bike carrier on. Plenty of people around here drive permanently with bike carriers too.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
This looks interesting - http://www.bikeinside.de/en/bike-carrier/the-interior-bicycle-rack.html

bikeinside-fahrradtraeger-van-rennrad-mountainbike.jpg

Stephenite

Membå
I have a towbar mounted rack, more or less, permanently attached to the car. Takes about a minute to pop the bike on and off.

OP
OP
DaveyA

DaveyA

Über Member
[QUOTE="DaveyA, post: 4668100, member: 33774" I am often guilty of overthinking things and losing perspective.

I dunno about that, cycling, and in particular my Sunday morning cycling group is my main social activity.

It would be a big consideration if a house move was on the cards.

Having said that, most groups change and evolve.

It would be risky to lose the house you want just because of the group, in a few years it may not be doing the same things which you like about it now.

And you may be able to find new cycling chums closer to your new location.[/QUOTE]

It's my main social activity too which is why I am hesitant. There are only about 5 of us when everybody is available. It depends on who is in hospital or recovering from being in hospital at the time^_^^_^ I am the youngest at 59 and the oldest is 80 this year. We have cycled together for many many years. Sometimes change is forced onto us whether we like it or not I suppose.

Freds Dad

Veteran
When I first started riding I used to put the bike in the back of the car and cycle down to the Lower Withington. From there I could ride around the Cheshire Plain without any major hills. As I got stronger I could then cycle from home which started with the first 4 miles or so almost downhill. As I didn't ride between October and January I'm now back to the bike in the car scenario.

Top Bottom