1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone try a Scottoiler?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by BentMikey, 14 Mar 2008.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Are they any good?

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You've started something now...:ohmy:

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Rob S

Rob S New Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR...*Squeezes squid* RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Clearly BentMikey is Cornwall!!!!:becool::biggrin:

'Oh look what I found whilst searching the web....a lot of glowing reviews written by me!!!!!!' :ohmy:

Cyclechat should be a Snottboiler free zone!!!!:smile:

5. yello

yello Guru

Short answer: on a motorcycle, yes; on a bicycle, no. Imho.

6. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

I don't understand what you mean, Rob.

Yello, maybe, but since I'm thinking of it for the recumbent, it might be a good idea given the somewhat different chain conditions from a normal bike.

7. Rob S

Rob S New Member

You MUST have seen the Spottfoiler threads started by Cornwall over on the old C+ website.....they are legendary!!!

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Mikey, you definitely Cornwall mate! Don't go there.

9. Rob S

Rob S New Member

Cornwall denied he was Cornwall too....probably why he posted his thread every 6 months because the C+ archive never kept things that long....but some people remember these things....his style was very distinctive :biggrin:

10. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

Do you have any personal experience of the Scottoiler Rob?

Looks like a good bit of kit at a decent price to me.

:biggrin:

11. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

And the sudden appearence of several members of some obscure cycling club in Scotland who all used Scottoilers and recounted how their chains and sprockets never wore out and their erections were stiffer and longer lasting etc etc.

This would be followed by the MD of Scottoiler claiming the thread had been brought to his attention and he apologised if it appeared to be a blatant advertising scam but it was done without his knowledge, "But while I'm here let me tell you more about this amazing device..."

It finally stopped when they realised that being told to fcuk off by about 20 different forummers was rather counter productive.

12. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Hahahaha, no I missed those. Spend most of my time in the commuting forum. I was searching on here and didn't get it, eventually saw a couple of posts that implied a bit of tag-team scamming. Must have been a poor job if it was that obvious.

13. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

It's made me feel all dirty, put me right off buying one.

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

15. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Them Scottoiler threads were great!!!