Anyone use Broadband with out a phone line ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

Does anyone use a broadband package without a phone line ? I am trying to dump Virgin media as their customer service is totally naff and they are un-contactable (is that a word !) I believe there are some using the mobile networks ,Does anyone have any experiences of these , how do you use multiple devices and which ones are unlimited ?

Many thanks all.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Interested in this, we have a landline but never use it. It's there for the broadband, nothing else...

simonali

Guru
Three do a 40Gb a month package for about £29 a month, but I've no idea whether this would be sufficient for a whole family streaming video in HD or not...

midlife

Guru
Somebody at work tried one a few years ago but ended up more expensive. There is a satellite dish broadband system around Penrith that some people at work use and find good. I'm hidden from the source lol so use BT infinity which has been OK so far.

Tommy2

Über Member
I was gonna say the same that we have Virgin media and no phone line.
Although I have not had any trouble getting in touch with them (no more than any other company)

midlife

Guru
I was gonna say the same that we have Virgin media and no phone line.
Although I have not had any trouble getting in touch with them (no more than any other company)

Have you a fibre connection right into the house?

I've got a 100mb cable connection with Virgin, no phone or TV package. I think you need the phone line for the first year with Virgin before you can bin it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Three do a 40Gb a month package for about £29 a month, but I've no idea whether this would be sufficient for a whole family streaming video in HD or not...
It wouldn't be... One Netflix HD stream would be 2-3 GB/hour so the family would get (say) 13-20 hours worth a month between them!

I was using 50-100 GB just to watch the Tour de France on Eurosport Player.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It wouldn't be... One Netflix HD stream would be 2-3 GB/hour so the family would get (say) 13-20 hours worth a month between them!

my kids have zero concept of data usage.
They leave the devices streaming for hours without even watching them.
I’m very pleased to have an unlimited package. It would stress me out having to endlessly monitor usage over the various phones, tablets, tv and PS4.

But we pay for a line rental. The only people who ever call are salesmen and fraudsters.

Top Bottom