Anyone Use Sprung Saddles? Brooks B66 For Instance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Anyone? Are they any good. Have been offered one. Not sure wherever to bother or not? As I have a nice comfy Brooks already. Would it work well on a tourer? Thank you

tyred

Legendary Member
I have several, they work really well with an upright seating position.

hoopdriver

Guru
I have one on my expedition tourer. They are nice. One thing to be aware of though, if you use, or want to use, one of the Bagman saddlebag support-racks, they won't fit around the springs. That is a drawback for me, as went I do light quick B&B style touring I use just a big Carradice Super-C saddlebag and barbag to carry my gear. I prefer to use my Bagman with the quick release to get the saddlebag on and off easily and can't do it with the sprung saddle.

Otherwise they are great on a tourer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

scarely noticed the springs were there apart from the noise.
Thanks think I will go for just big apples. Had them once punctured to much. New ones have some puncture protection. Using Swalbe measurement a 4 while Marathon Plus are rated a 6. I have some panracer flat aways I have put them in. Couldn't get the rear tire on as 2.35 which is to wide for Dutch wheel lock. I was going to buy some 2.15" for the back but may snip bits off the metal round the lock. It appears from the look that there is a unnecessarily narrow gap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

You have to be more specific.

OP
OP
B

brand

wasn't this a thread about sprung saddles, not tyres?
@brand
Cheers Ed
I was asking about sprung seats in reference to comfort. Big Apple meet that requirement. But was thinking of a sprung saddle for another bike to do a comparison. I would have sold the seat if it wasn't up to it. The other bike has Marathon Plus on. So the sprung seat may have equalled the big apples in comfort.

Top Bottom