Anyone use trivago and other hotel websites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Hi

I need to make a hotel reservation in Manchester.
Anyone ever used Trivago/eBooker/Hotel.com/whatever-comparison-site/etc to make hotel bookings?

Thanks

TVC

Used Hotel.com once. They e-mailed my visa card details along with my name and address to the hotel in a way that could be used by anyone, and somebody did. I will never use them again.

Reactions: Maz
OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Used Hotel.com once. They e-mailed my visa card details along with my name and address to the hotel in a way that could be used by anyone, and somebody did. I will never use them again.
Crikey - that aint good. Hope you managed to reclaim your money.

TVC

Barclaycard refused the purchase and froze the card.... Me buying a big TV on line in France seemed a bit suss. Full marks to Barclaycard for their security, and they had a new card to me in three days.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I usually use booking.com, and it's well worth checking reviews on Tripadvisor.
I have often found rooms to be cheaper on the hotels' own site than on booking.com, and sometimes the other way round...

perplexed

Guru
I have often found rooms to be cheaper on the hotels' own site than on booking.com, and sometimes the other way round...

This.

I've used Trevago and Booking.com to good effect in the past, they're usually cheaper.
However, I check the prices against their own site too, and once found one hotel a wopping £45 cheaper per night on their own site...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Don't [usually] book through any of the on-line booking agencies... check out the reviews on TripAdvisor, filter out the stupid reviews for a balanced view and ring the hotel direct for a comparison price against the ones on-line...they will usually better it if they can as they save money not paying agencies' commission.

I used venere to book several hotels abroad with no issues, great service.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
[QUOTE 2486494, member: 259"]Yep, this is exactly what I do. Tripadvisor is full of nutters.[/quote]
...for some odd reason, usually from Minneapolis or Michigan [apologies to any CCers from there..../ not you, obviously]

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
I saw an ad on TV for a complany called Hotwire (anyone used it?). It's for making late hotel bookings, the idea being that the hotel would rather have a room occupied at a lower tariff than have it empty....it's pot luck because you don't know what hotel you'll be staying in until the payment/boking is made! There is a rating system for the hotel and no photos of it. Interesting idea!

Top Bottom