Anyone used Michelin Power Endurance tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I was considering a pair of Michelin V2 Endurance 28c tyres for my felt V50 but they have been superceded by Michelin Power Endurance which allegedly have better puncture resistance and lower rolling resistance.

Anyone tried either of them?

Heigue'r

Veteran
I use the 25mm version.Ive just fitted a new set yesterday to replace the ones that have been ripped to shreds on the commute.Ive probably got 3000 miles on one and 2000 on the other.

Dont let those figures put you off though,Ive used gp4000's on the same route and have yet to get more than 500 miles out of a tyre before its only fit for the bin.

The 25's are comfortable,grippy and seem to go round fairly well.

Decathlon usually have a decent price on these tyres

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've not tried them in 28 but have tried both in 25, and despite what Michelin say I could'nt tell the difference between either the V2 Endurance or the Power Endurance, so I'd go for which ever you can find cheaper. Both these Endurance versions definitely last longer than the V2 Race and Power Race versions, which I found both cut up pretty quickly on rubbish London roads, but did feel a bit quicker. No surprise there really.

As I said I've not got the 28's, but I have heard others say Michelin 28's seem quite fat, so if your frame has really tight clearances it might be worth checking in a shop to see they definitely fit first.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had the V1 in 25mm flavour. Decent tyres but not cheap and wore out in around 2500 miles

I use the V2 Endurance on my commuter and on the rear of my good bike for a while after the regular V2 wore out. I've thought about the Power's a few time but these the 2 Endurance are cheaper and still going well so when I do replace them it will probably be for the V2 Endurance again but touch wood they so no sign of wearing out fast :becool:

Top Bottom