Anyone used Wheelies.co.uk before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jhey

Anyone used Wheelies.co.uk before? Looking to get my first Road Bike, they seem cheap and also 24 months 0% interest finance, can anyone recommend them ?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
No, but there deals are impressive, 30% off 2014 road bike models.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans might price match them if you want to buy local

I think wheelies do a lot of insurance replacement, I am sure it is they I spoke to about the value of my stolen bike a couple of years ago

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Our C2W scheme is through them. I had a couple of spokes break & had them fixed locally & they refunded the £25 bill no problems, but there were a couple of small issues with my bike, a cable clip had been replaced with a zip tie :sad: & the bars look like they have been forced round in the stem & scratched a little, but minor gripes really.
A group of us did the Hadrians Cycleway a couple of weeks ago & one guy had a new bike, which was an insurance replacement through Wheelies, he had only rode 30 miles on it before the ride & after about 100 miles of the ride the cranks came loose due to the bottom bracket not even being hand tight :excl:
So I'd say as with any 'mail order' bike you need to be reasonably handy yourself to ensure everything is ok otherwise you could have problems :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jhey

Jhey

seems 50/50 on the reviews too, tho there customer service seems great, but some people moan about the gears not being done properly, some say there bikes work perfectly, I live no where near the shop too so it's a bit of a gamble but the bike I want is £140 less than the local shop. I'll give it a think over at the weekend.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans don't match them

Have you asked your local shop what sort of deal they can offer? Bearing mind the aftersales you'll get versus buying online

OP
OP
Jhey

Jhey

Evans don't match them

Have you asked your local shop what sort of deal they can offer? Bearing mind the aftersales you'll get versus buying online

I will try and give it a go, hopefully more near that price range, it is a 2014 model so hopefully they can do a decent deal.

bpsmith

Veteran
They are a local shop to me. They have traded for many years and always get good reviews from local people. They are now part of Tredz, who are also local to me. Check out most of the prices and they are penny for penny with Tredz iirc.

If you're buying locally, then I say go for it. If you're buying from online then consider have the bike checked out for you. I would do the same whoever I ordered from online though, so unfair to make this a specific thing to Wheelies.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Not used the shop but used them online for a few things- always been good as gold, customer service is good and wouldn't worry about using them again.

OP
OP
Jhey

Jhey

Spoke to the local shop, they said they could do it for £720 including putting it together and first service, I'm happy with that tbh.

Top Bottom