Anyone using Adidas Velosamba

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Need a new pair of SPD shoes and quite like the uber cool look of Velosambas. it seems only the Vegan (non leather) version is availble now.

is anyone using them regularly as they would need to be used on a commute as well as trips to mums or town where I might have to walk around a bit.

Ive only just gone back to spd from spd sl and currently using a multi drilled road shoe where the sole is bullet proof but bit like Bambi on ice when walking, but have always been suspect of the bond between insole with cleat and rubber soul of shoe. of the pairs like that ive owned they've split quite quickly. so are you using velosambas and are they worth the money

Jameshow

Veteran
Not had the cycling shoes but gave have half a dozen pairs of addias trainers in a similar style. Never had a problem with them.
My son used to yearly go to a trainer conference and I used to "tax" him for dragging me there!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38514452...tixoXeJTeO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Need a new pair of SPD shoes and quite like the uber cool look of Velosambas. it seems only the Vegan (non leather) version is availble now.

is anyone using them regularly as they would need to be used on a commute as well as trips to mums or town where I might have to walk around a bit.

Ive only just gone back to spd from spd sl and currently using a multi drilled road shoe where the sole is bullet proof but bit like Bambi on ice when walking, but have always been suspect of the bond between insole with cleat and rubber soul of shoe. of the pairs like that ive owned they've split quite quickly. so are you using velosambas and are they worth the money

What size are you?
There’s several new pairs of the leather velosamba on eBay.

OP
OP
simon the viking
What size are you?
There’s several new pairs of the leather velosamba on eBay.

size 10 in normal trainers. may have a look on there... I fancied the yellow ones actually which adidas have discontinued even in the Vegan version. will have a look round when I'm ready to buy.

I have a pair of Velosambas - they're not my main SPD shoes but I have used them for commutes and have done century rides in them (long Eroicas without clipping in) - and they're great! Admittedly they're as much about style as substance, but that's important, right?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I like the look of those.

Maybe when my current shoes wear out ... or I get an uncontrollable urge to buy something I don't need.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Not have experience of these but have had vegan Dr Matens which were rubbish, fell apart after 6 months so I'd be mindful of non leather ones

OP
OP
simon the viking
@simon the viking Fox have just launched an spd shoe and Fiveten do some nice looking ones. Not as trendy as the sambas but might be worth a look

good price. wrong colour though would prefer a darker colour (apart from the yellow I'd take a chance on them) thanks for taking time to search for me!

looking for new old stock could be an option

Top Bottom