Anyone using cleat wedges?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rowano

I'm getting some ankle and knee pain on longer rides attributed to foot position. I had a badly sprained ankle which has left me very toe out with considerable forefoot and rearfoot varus.

I can mostly correct toe out with cleat position andvangle but wondered if anyone has experience using cleat wedges or in shoe wedges? How did you use the wedges and did they help? I'd rather avoid having the cost of a full bike for if possible.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes I have used them, and they were of no use to me, both in Look and SPD cleats.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I used a washer for a while between cleat and shoe to correct a knee problem I was having. It seemed to help, however, when I replaced my cleats 6 months ago I stopped using the washer and have noticed no difference - so who knows what worked/did not work.

User269

I'm getting some ankle and knee pain on longer rides attributed to foot position. I had a badly sprained ankle which has left me very toe out with considerable forefoot and rearfoot varus.

I can mostly correct toe out with cleat position andvangle but wondered if anyone has experience using cleat wedges or in shoe wedges? How did you use the wedges and did they help? I'd rather avoid having the cost of a full bike for if possible.

I saw a podiatrist, had a thorough assessment and history taken, including video of my feet on a treadmill & cycle trainer. A pair of orthotic insoles were prescribed, based on my needs. Whilst my mountaineering days are over, I can now walk reasonable distances and ride my bike for up to 5 hours before the pain sets in.
I recommend that you consider seeing a good podiatrist, and get these issues looked at professionally.

Top Bottom