Anyone watch "Top Gear"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Stopped watching it a while back, I grew out of their 'silly lads antics'. It didn't help that I think Clarkson's an oaf.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 1467169"]
I only saw the last 5 minutes, so I'll watch it again tonight.

I'm very surprised that a loco owner allowed them to drive it through a caravan. There is still a fair bit of bad feeling around the preservation community after TG "played with" Tornado.
[/quote]

I suspect the caravan will have been little more than a shell. Even a fully fitted caravan is always bound to come off worse meeting a loco, I think.

I loved seeing Hammond trying to get the trolley between 'carriages'....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It was funny, but spoilt by the bad editing and continuity when the "trains" kept changing tracks.
And does the CG Railway run their trains on the opposite to National Rail ?

I reckon special running rights were negotiated to facilitate the 'action'

After all, since when was Top Gear a reflection on the real world? :thumbsup:

Scotmitchy

I can't stand the over scripted allegedly spontaneous 'fun' which the three sad middle aged men peddle in an attempt at off the cuff humour.

Sadly, I also saw it, as DH loves it.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Chill out!

Where's your tolerance? :thumbsup:

:biggrin:
Hi Vernon- It's just not for me I'm afraid. I've never been into cars and any glance through stuff relating to the real costs of motoring on society make for sobering reading (road mortality, divided communities, pollution, asthma and other health issues etc). For me, seeing the car as a status symbol and one of freedom masks too many serious consequences and I find it hard to dis-associate from those. I realise it is meant to be light hearted and I'm not criticising anyone who enjoys it, it's just not my bag that's all.
And talking of bags - how are those panniers holding up?

aberal

Guru
I can't stand the over scripted allegedly spontaneous 'fun' which the three sad middle aged men peddle in an attempt at off the cuff humour.

That's pretty much my take on it too. Except that every now and again, once in a while, occasionally, every blue moon - Clarkson says something genuinely funny.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Just a thought, didn't Leyland do something similar in 1984?

152233059_0707bce7bb.jpg

Leyland bus

R3_railbus.jpg

Leyland Railbus

Note to self: Must. Get. A Life

Also, this :sad:

I've watched it since the days of William Wollard, Chris Goffey, and even Noel Edmonds and as a lifelong car lover I always watch.

That said, I do think JC can be proper cock at times, and Hammond always seems to try too hard, like the proverbial little kid at school trying to stay on the good side of the older big kids. That's my analogy anyway.

Generally very enjoyable, I just wish they'd curb their antics at times and remember that as BBC employees they are paid by the licence payer.

Top Bottom