Anyone watching Good Omens on Netflix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boo

Über Member
I'm four eps in and the end of the world has just begun. I really want to like it - I absolutely loved the book, despite me detesting Pratchett's work (might be a bit harsh, I've only read The Colour Of Magic) - but...

Can't put my finger on what's wrong. I think they're lingering too long on things that don't matter, and skipping over bits that do. Bit of a braindump...

Despite what you think of David Tennant, he's pretty much nailing Crowley.
Michael Sheen isn't quite getting Aziraphale - in my head, he's a mash up of C-3PO and Giles from Buffy. This version is a bit too prissy.
The lady playing Anathema Device is doing a fine job, though was she American in the book? Can't remember.
I know Newton Pulsifer is supposed to be a bit annoying, but I don't think I'd ever tire of punching Jack Whitehall's rendition in the face.
The Other Four Horsemen... Big Ted, Pigbog et al. I've just read that they were cast and then cut. Plenty you could have cut before them.
The kids are pretty good, on the whole.

At the moment it's heading for a 5/10, "glad watched it but I won't watch it again".

……….. Still waiting for the (supposed) City Watch film/series...………………….:whistle:

Oh $DEITY, please, no. Good Omens has convinced me that Pratchet should only ever be in print.
Forget 'Colour Of Magic'

Going Postal worked very well, barring Anguas CGI transformation

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKSfel7Bj_E

And.....
Given the thread title
I've searched/entered the name, but it's not coming up on Netflix here (via Virgin TiVo)

As Terry Pratchett says, in his cameo, as a Post Man in Going Postal

"That's a buggeration!!"

Last edited:
OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Forget 'Colour Of Magic'

Going Postal worked very well, barring Anguas CGI transformation

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKSfel7Bj_E

And.....
Given the thread title
I've searched/entered the name, but it's not coming up on Netflix here (via Virgin TiVo)

As Terry Pratchett says, in his cameo, as a Post Man in Going Postal

"That's a buggeration!!"

The thread title is a weak joke, Good Omens is on Prime, but some US fundie christians petitioned Netflix to stop it.

Top Bottom