Anything bugging you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My Father is bugging me, but there is nothing new about that.

GrasB

Veteran
After overtaking a gaggle of lorries in an 70mph NSL you come to a temporary 40/50mph limit with a coned off lane so slow down to the 50mph limit only to have the last lorry you've just overtaken you tail gating you flashing their lights. Even more poignant when you see a ambulance parked up with blues on in the road works in the middle of the 40mph section :sad:

GrasB

Veteran
[QUOTE 3106412, member: 9609"]Like many cars I guess your speedo under-reads, so when you think you are doing 50 you are in fact only doing 44 - The trucks speedometer/tacho will be bang on - so from the truck drivers perspective you have made a riiculously fast and pointless overtake to get to the road works first, and are now going ridiculously slow presumably to rubberneck at someone's misfortune - I would have given you a taste of my air horns ^_^[/QUOTE]
Let's do the basic maths, I pull into the near side at 70mph with 2.8 miles before the 50 limit. That's a 35s advantage at that point, there's first a 2.4 mile section of 50mph limit & then a 1.5 mile section of 40mph limit. The HGV's catch me about 1/3-1/2 of the way through the 40mph limit. Which is bang on for me doing 70mph for 2.8 miles, 50mph for 2.4 miles & then 40mph for 0.4-0.5 & them continuing at 56mph. Dash cams & data loggers for the win ;)

KEEF

Veteran
Let's do the basic maths, I pull into the near side at 70mph with 2.8 miles before the 50 limit. That's a 35s advantage at that point, there's first a 2.4 mile section of 50mph limit & then a 1.5 mile section of 40mph limit. The HGV's catch me about 1/3-1/2 of the way through the 40mph limit. Which is bang on for me doing 70mph for 2.8 miles, 50mph for 2.4 miles & then 40mph for 0.4-0.5 & them continuing at 56mph. Dash cams & data loggers for the win ;)
:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
[QUOTE 3106412, member: 9609"]Like many cars I guess your speedo under-reads, so when you think you are doing 50 you are in fact only doing 44 - The trucks speedometer/tacho will be bang on - so from the truck drivers perspective you have made a riiculously fast and pointless overtake to get to the road works first, and are now going ridiculously slow presumably to rubberneck at someone's misfortune - I would have given you a taste of my air horns ^_^[/QUOTE]

That may be so, but the truck driver's aggression is because he's a pillock.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
GCHQ...

With an abundance of empty car park spaces to choose from, the silly moo at Tesco's this mornning who parked inches next to me so I had to struggle to open my drivers door really rattled my cage.

Not recently, but we bought a new (to us) car, and parked up the back of Asda's car park, with about 6 spaces on either side of us, as we were still getting used to the size of the car. As I walked away, a young girl drove along the row. And parked next to us. And, in the process, hit our car.....

She had only just passed her test, and was venturing out on her own for the first time. She was distraught.

Fortunately, we had a protected no claims bonus, so there was no real harm done, except for the hassle of sending the car in to the panel beaters.

None cycling annoyance but I went into a plant auction today, one I have often used in the past and got a few bargains (it is on once a month from October to May) Today and the last few times I have noticed the prices been silly with plants going for more than they cost in the likes of B&Q and then I noticed who was doing a lot of the buying; jobbing gardeners and farmers wife's. Now I don't know if there is a connection here but ordinary punters pay VAT on none food plants, so can the jobbing gardener etc claim back the VAT thus edging the likes of myself out.

GrasB

Veteran
On my way home, there I was 3 car lengths back holding station from the car in front, so no possible way for me going faster & a HGV so close behind the driver couldn't have possibly seen my rear lights let alone actually react to them.

Sharpy

Had a customer come in after a carbon road bike, so I showed him a couple and he was adamant that one wasn't carbon.. it eventually took him a couple of minutes of umming and arring while tapping the frame to realise that it was. He then proceeded to insist that it was my fault somehow, now I know the customers always right but when you're not listening...

well he was only browsing :smile:

Top Bottom