anything good for low sun?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrklaw

Cycling west towards Paddington this week has been horrible. Even with sunglasses things are reduced to halos, and if its affecting my vision its probably making drivers and pedestrians less aware of me too.

I can't fix that part, but is there anything that can help with low bright sun? Seems an impossible problem or take a very zig-zag route :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Cap with a visor? Another month it’ll be dark in the evenings anyhow :sad:

I was wondering whether to post my twice yearly low sun warning over at Commuters. Looks like it is still required for new riders....

mustang1

Guru
[QUOTE 5395275, member: 9609"]its interesting to watch the strange mouth open expressions on the drivers faces as they drive into the semi unknown hoping for the best - if they do crash into something they will claim it wasn't their fault as they couldn't see for the low sun.[/QUOTE]

I see something similar in the morning. When I leave my house and facing away from sun, everything seems fine .but then I turn into another road facing the sun and it's not the sun that stops me seeing, its the fact there is a very slight mist on the windscreen. I stop the car and clean up the screen .

BUT I see other car drivers continuing, slowly, agasp with mouths open, and like you say, just hoping for the best .

pawl

Legendary Member
Cycle cap under helmet and sunglasses..I bought a pair of Tifoso sunglasses brilliant.

Are you riding with ordinary gasses with reacterlight I find these not much use as sunglasses as on mine the rays filter in from the side Shan’t bother with reaterlight again.

mustang1

Guru
[QUOTE 5395419, member: 9609"]the fundamental right to drive at the speed limit over rides factors such as being able to see where you are going - didn't you know that?[/QUOTE]

Thats another thing about speed limits. They say "the speed limit is not a target" meaning "drive at an appropriate speed". So, why not have a 100mph speed limit everywhere and let people drive at an appropriate speed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thats another thing about speed limits. They say "the speed limit is not a target" meaning "drive at an appropriate speed". So, why not have a 100mph speed limit everywhere and let people drive at an appropriate speed.
Because the farking driving testers would fail everyone for "not making progress" because the speed limit is a target to them.

Top Bottom