Apart from folding: Folding vs Wired tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Those are a wee bit trickier to fit but easier than Marathon Plus, just make sure the tyre bead is pressed right down in the rim and work your way round. They are pretty good tyres for commuting without the weight penalty of the M+ which is very skitty in the wet in my experience. Just be careful when inflating as they can pop of the rim so once on deflate any air in the tube and push down all the way round, to ensure a good fit.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Those are a wee bit trickier to fit but easier than Marathon Plus, just make sure the tyre bead is pressed right down in the rim and work your way round. They are pretty good tyres for commuting without the weight penalty of the M+ which is very skitty in the wet in my experience. Just be careful when inflating as they can pop of the rim so once on deflate any air in the tube and push down all the way round, to ensure a good fit.

Hehe I ditched the marathon plus a good long time ago for standard marathons which are much easier to get on :biggrin: and off.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I found the folding Durano Plus tyres far easier to get on & off than the Conti Gatorskins I had on before - but ONLY on the Fulcrum Racing 7 wheelset. I had no bother at all (in fact I could get the Contis on with finger pressure alone) when I was running my hand-built wheels.

Certain wheel / tyre combinations are more problematic than others when it comes to tyre fitting & removal!!

Top Bottom