Apollo tuck ashtabula conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bd500

It's been two weeks since i asked advice what bottom bracket I would need for my apollo tuck folding bike. I can't see any reason for staying on
this forum. So moderators remove my membership

stick around its a helpful place but the post about the bottom bracket you refer to is 9 yrs old and the member hasnt been on the forum since 27 sept 2021, not everyone lives on cyclechat 24/7

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You did ask a specific member a question but he's not seen it I'm sure.
You could ask again in the Mechanics & Repairs section but it's not a popular bike for this sort of work so I doubt it's ever been done before. You're wanting to replace the one piece iron crankset I guess.

Okay I be found it on RJ 's YouTube site. You need an adapter to fit the standard square taper, full details:

View: https://youtu.be/7xTJ4ZmWmU8

Last edited:
Think a question was asked about the length of a new BB cartridge to use in this conversion. Difficult one to answer in cold blood, so a best guess would be middle ground, maybe 113mm or 118mm. I doubt anyone can give you an exact measurement. Perfect chain line is something to aim for, but don't beat yourself up if its a couple of mm either way :okay:

Top Bottom