Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GAVSTER

I think we better get some perspective on prosecution.

The chances are that - particularly in Scotland - that evidence obtained from a helmet cam - would not be led in court. It possibly wouldn't need to.

HOWEVER, if the police saw said footage they would investigate and take witness statements and prosecutions may arise from said statements - potential CCTV footage etc.

The idea that just because evidence from a helmet cam may not have been the sole source of a prosecution therefore invalidates it - is ridiculous.

There appears to be a great deal of bating in this thread - what has Magnatom done to piss a few of you off?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Team Fiwip said:
There we go again 'evidence'. That aside, I fully understand the use of helmet-cam for say filming a sportive or an exhilarating mountain trail. But the daily commute where the only saved or worthwhile footage is of a so-called ‘incident’ is another story. I have never used the word ‘scam’ though I have referred to motorists as ‘quarry’ and the cyclist ‘hunting’ though this is in reference to OP. Furthermore, I have never suggested that a cyclist would manufacture an accident, though how he could manage this while filming his own behaviour is beyond me.

I’m interested to know when you used your camera in an insurance situation was it for a car on car incident or car on cycle?

You're right, "scam" was the word I used after reading your original post, which I remind you:

Just viewed your near death experience!! Storm in a tea-cup my opinion, what is it with this helmet-cam on everyday ride business, Just viewed your near death experience!! Storm in a tea-cup my opinion, what is it with this helmet-cam on everyday ride business, are you hunting for that big insurance pay-out opportunity?

Tell me which part of "are you hunting for that big insurance pay-out opportunity" doesnt imply a deliberate decision to scam an insurance firm?

The cameras can be in themselves an insurance policy against the refusal of the driver's insurance firm. I know two cyclists who were fobbed off because they couldnt prove the driver was to blame.

My incident (written about on here previously, and Bikeradar) involved a driver pulling out of a junction without looking, despite me being fully visible in daylight and crashing into me as I rode a cyclelane over a roundabout. I ended up in an ambulance as a witness said I was thrown like a "ragdoll".

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
GAVSTER said:
I think we better get some perspective on prosecution.

The chances are that - particularly in Scotland - that evidence obtained from a helmet cam - would not be led in court. It possibly wouldn't need to.

HOWEVER, if the police saw said footage they would investigate and take witness statements and prosecutions may arise from said statements - potential CCTV footage etc.

The idea that just because evidence from a helmet cam may not have been the sole source of a prosecution therefore invalidates it - is ridiculous.

There appears to be a great deal of bating in this thread - what has Magnatom done to piss a few of you off?

A good post

This is what I dont get. Someone does something different and people get these weird beliefs. A paranoia in some cases.:blush:

GAVSTER

To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the video .. I was more commenting about the vitriol of subsequent posts.

We all make mistakes on the road - I know I do every now and then.

Anyway - life too short to debate this any more tonight. It's 22.00 and time for a small libation.

Ride safe everybody :wahhey:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
GAVSTER said:
To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the video .. I was more commenting about the vitriol of subsequent posts.

We all make mistakes on the road - I know I do every now and then.

Anyway - life too short to debate this any more tonight. It's 22.00 and time for a small libation.

Ride safe everybody :wahhey:

Same here. I've said my peice. UFC to watch tonight anyway.:shy:

Top Bottom