Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All jokes aside about Mags poor road position it reminded me of the vid not so long ago with the blood, very similar but this time the cyclist/car stopped in time. (unfortunately?):smile:

Armegatron

Team Fiwip said:
I’ve viewed 8-10 of magnatom’s youtube offerings and find him to be a rather cantankerous creature who regularly courts controversy. More often than not his riding appears erratic and uncontrolled with a tendency to spend more time looking to his right than straight ahead, though this is no doubt explained away as necessary in the pursuit of his latest motoring quarry.

Hope this helps towards a page 9

Totally unrelated to the thread, but you dont work for a company called BabyTV do you?

Almost 12 pages... :biggrin:

Team Fiwip

Umm… another video aficionado. I viewed them as a consequence of OP so I suggest its totally related. I’d use a helmet-cam but I’ve found that my memory is sufficient.

Helmet-cam commuter equals wannabe PCSO, citizens infringement officer or You’ve been framed contributor.

GrasB

Veteran
+1... I've had a few incidents where I wish I had hard documentation rather than recollection, so I video most commutes. With that said all but 2 commute's video has been deleted & the only reason I kept those commutes are for performance analysis because my trip computer doesn't record everything (ie. that I eased off because of a cat running across the road).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wasn't its mags own camera footage of the lorry driver nearly running him over on the roundabout?

And i did not day they had i merely stated the reason i use one as one guy wanted a punch up (pre camera) when i shouted oi at him for overtaking about 6 inches from my handle bars.the guy waited up the road for me in the middle of the road ,police did nothing as they had no other witnesses.

It is better to have such evidence than to have non as otherwise everything is hearsay surely?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Team Fiwip said:
I wait with keen anticipation for cybernight to provide an account were the police have used a member of the public’s helmet-cam evidence in a prosecution

I had some footage that was extremely close to being used to prosecute someone. I had given a statement and everything was looking good, but then all of a sudden the CPS decided not to do anything with it.

cyberknight

gaz said:
I had some footage that was extremely close to being used to prosecute someone. I had given a statement and everything was looking good, but then all of a sudden the CPS decided not to do anything with it.
Thats what the CTC solicitors are for i guess , sorry to hear it fell through:sad:

Wasnt a member of the force/ mp etc was it? (runs and hides from vike )(joke before anyone gets all conspiracy theory etc on me )

GrasB

Veteran
Video footage gets you in the door with some firm evidence that the police can follow up easily & give a context to the incident. Even if the footage isn't used it's a useful tool to get the ball rolling.

I know of a motorbike mounted camera, civilian, that was used in court to aid the prosecution of dangerous driving.

cyberknight

Team Fiwip said:
Umm… another video aficionado. I viewed them as a consequence of OP so I suggest its totally related. I’d use a helmet-cam but I’ve found that my memory is sufficient.

Helmet-cam commuter equals wannabe PCSO, citizens infringement officer or You’ve been framed contributor.

You say that memory is enough yet refuse to back up your claim without proof whereas gaz has already stated he used evidence from a camera ?

The you call us wannabe PCSO? i think you will find that we are just concerned cyclists making sure we have as much evidence as we can if heaven forbid we do have an incident that leaves us in a condition that needs to be raised to the police.

If you do not like helmet cameras fine, you do not like them but when 2 posters have said that they have been used please do not ignore their posts.

GrasB

Veteran
Not that incident. I'm thinking of a case where a biker was out on a leisure ride & was forced off the road by 2 cars racing. That evidence along with witness statements & other CCTV footage was presented in court during the prosecution of both drivers.

Top Bottom