Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Team Fiwip

cyberknight said:
You say that memory is enough... If you do not like helmet cameras fine, you do not like them but when 2 posters have said that they have been used please do not ignore their posts.

My memory is enough to enjoy my ride, I dont feel the need to
experience it again via video, I'm not ignoring the other posters I simply want them to show me evidence of a genuine cycling related prosecution using a helmet-cam

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Team Fiwip said:
Just viewed your near death experience!! Storm in a tea-cup my opinion, what is it with this helmet-cam on everyday ride business, are you hunting for that big insurance pay-out opportunity?

I think you're out of line with that comment and the words of an old work colleage ring in my ears (paraphrased obviously as it was a long while back):

..who do you cyclists think you are? You ride around jumping the lights looking to crash into cars and claim off the driver's insurance. I pity the poor driver!

So? Do you? Is that why you ride? If you ride at all. I for one am not impressed having felt the impact of a car on my body and I think you posted that to either troll or cause an argument. :biggrin:

..who do you cyclists think you are? You ride around jumping the lights looking to crash into cars and claim off the driver's insurance. I pity the poor driver!

Who's on a wind up here?

In fact I ride around because I enjoy it more than using the bloody tube and it also gets me to work.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
So far i don't think there have been any convictions from bicycle mounted cameras..
But that doesn't mean there can't be.
As i have said i very nearly did get someone prosicuted and it wasn't even for one of the major things i have recorded with my system.

Team Fiwip

For the record I ride exclusively, I haven’t owned a car for near on 10 yrs, but I don’t consider the motorist an enemy. I’m neither trolling nor wishing to provoke an argument.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Team Fiwip said:
For the record I ride exclusively, I haven’t owned a car for near on 10 yrs, but I don’t consider the motorist an enemy. I’m neither trolling nor wishing to provoke an argument.
By that statement, you are suggesting that the cyclists among us who choose to ride with cameras, consider the motorist an enemy.
:biggrin:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Team Fiwip said:

Then why accuse the guy of scamming for insurance payouts? Think before you write. No one in their right mind wants to get hit.

Team Fiwip

gaz said:
By that statement, you are suggesting that the cyclists among us who choose to ride with cameras, consider the motorist an enemy.
:biggrin:

Not at all, but where will it all end if the the argument for, is that the helmet-cam is an evidence gathering necessity, maybe helmet-cam off the bike to provide evidence against those who may injure or ill-treat us in everyday life?

Team Fiwip said:

Funny you say that but the vibes I get from motorists seems to be of pure hatred for cyclists...Time and time again the same stuff comes up...Road Tax/Insurance/RLJing...One colleague at work even threatened to run me down and wondered why I got the hump...same old 5h1t.

There is joking but there is also a limit.

Team Fiwip

downfader said:
Then why accuse the guy of scamming for insurance payouts? Think before you write. No one in their right mind wants to get hit.

The words ‘proof’ ‘evidence’ ‘correct’ ‘usable footage’ ‘documentation’ ‘incidents’ are prevalent in the posts of the helmet-cam devotees, surely such words are of prospective litigation?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Team Fiwip said:
The words ‘proof’ ‘evidence’ ‘correct’ ‘usable footage’ ‘documentation’ ‘incidents’ are prevalent in the posts of the helmet-cam devotees, surely such words are of prospective litigation?

Firstly these cameras are primarily used for recording sports, secondly the helmetcam cyclists (I count myself in this) primarly use them for non-professional campaigning.

The camera can also be used to prove the cyclist (or other road user) to be in the wrong and I have seen one or two vids demonstrating this. We are not the enemy, mearly trying to help others.

I have, and would use again, the camera in an insurance situation, but would never ever put myself in a position of danger or pain for a scam as you seem to suggest we're out to do.

Where the cyclist has been right and proper what is wrong with using camera evidence? What exactly are you afraid of?

Team Fiwip

downfader said:
Where the cyclist has been right and proper what is wrong with using camera evidence? What exactly are you afraid of?

There we go again 'evidence'. That aside, I fully understand the use of helmet-cam for say filming a sportive or an exhilarating mountain trail. But the daily commute where the only saved or worthwhile footage is of a so-called ‘incident’ is another story. I have never used the word ‘scam’ though I have referred to motorists as ‘quarry’ and the cyclist ‘hunting’ though this is in reference to OP. Furthermore, I have never suggested that a cyclist would manufacture an accident, though how he could manage this while filming his own behaviour is beyond me.

I’m interested to know when you used your camera in an insurance situation was it for a car on car incident or car on cycle?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Team Fiwip said:
All I'm asking is did it lead to a conviction where helmet-cam evidence was submitted as prosecution evidence?

My evidence (which was my word and my video) has led to a driver being charged with dangerous driving. I have yet to hear back from the Procurator Fiscal if the case is to proceed. Watch this space, although at the rate these things move, don't hold your breath.

Top Bottom