Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
goo_mason said:
Seriously now though, that's one heck of a crappy bit of road layout. I can see why Maggers takes the line he does, as any impatient muppet coming up behind is likely to try to beat the cyclist across the RAB by driving over it, with the resultant risk of clipping the cyclist who then comes round the correct way and into the path of the car trying to beat him.</snip>
Doesn't even need to be such a bizarre design for idiots to try and do this! :tongue:

400bhp

Guru
Not great by both parties:sad:

JiMBR

I think the most important point to be taken out of all of this, is that Maggers manages a rather uncharacteristic manly shout...keep it up m8! :tongue:

Origamist

Legendary Member
JiMBR said:
I think the most important point to be taken out of all of this, is that Maggers manages a rather uncharacteristic manly shout...keep it up m8! :tongue:

I can't bring myself to watch this vid, but if someone tells me it contains the trademark Magnatom clap and/or point, I just might...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Origamist said:
I can't bring myself to watch this vid, but if someone tells me it contains the trademark Magnatom clap and/or point, I just might...

You're going to be sorely disappointed. As the previous poster says, he even manages a manly yell this time. Not even a swear word or a 'Pull over!!" - just a warning "NO NO NO!"

You see, he trademarks the girly scream and then fails to use it again. That's trademark squatting, that is... :tongue:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

To those who suggest I should have taken a different line as it would have been safer can I just point out that I took that line to keep safe from behind (as described earlier) and I mitigated the problem ahead by modulating my speed and keeping a close eye on the car on it's approach. I could have easily stopped before the cars trajectory.

So in my opinion I mitigate both rear and forward issues. Yes letter of the law it was wrong. Would I do it again. Oh yes. Is it worthwhile discussing this. I think it is. It's got us all thinking and it has made me realise how bad the road design is there.

As for girly screams etc :tongue::wacko:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gaz said:
but what about you singing abba the rest of the time? you dancing queen!

Not so much abba but I have been known to hum the dambusters tune....:tongue:

400bhp

Guru
magnatom said:
To those who suggest I should have taken a different line as it would have been safer can I just point out that I took that line to keep safe from behind (as described earlier) and I mitigated the problem ahead by modulating my speed and keeping a close eye on the car on it's approach. I could have easily stopped before the cars trajectory.

So in my opinion I mitigate both rear and forward issues. Yes letter of the law it was wrong. Would I do it again. Oh yes. Is it worthwhile discussing this. I think it is. It's got us all thinking and it has made me realise how bad the road design is there.

As for girly screams etc :biggrin::eek:

So, was a car behind you at the time?

Mitigating the front issue didn't work did it.:cry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

400bhp said:
So, was a car behind you at the time?

Mitigating the front issue didn't work did it.;)

Sorry, didn't mean to avoid the question! Yes there was a car behind me. In fact I think I mentioned it earlier. Notice I look behind a few times before I move out to the right hand lane. That was making sure the car behind was letting me out.

c2c

redredrobin
magnatom said:
I find it very rare on the roads, when someone makes a mistake for them to admit fault and apologise. That is why it is refreshing, when it does happen as it did this morning.

We are all capable of mistakes (even Lee! :smile: what matters is that we all admit them and learn from them. Thanks to this mornings driver!

Am i right in thinking you work for the national health service ? radiologist possibly ?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
"Then he is relatively cool and signing along to abba."
Surely signing needs both hands off the bars. Sounds dangerous to me.

Top Bottom