Apology Accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
magnatom said:
Who said I was talking about you?! I was in fact referring to John Lee the cycling coach.

There is a song this reminds me of....it goes something like this....

'You're so vain, you probably think this song........':biggrin:

LOL, Lee's post is quite funny. I'm sorry you're so obviously long-term-upset with me, Lee. Perhaps you should have sowed a different crop to reap now?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
p.s. Hackers, I still feel bad you fell off at that mini RAB!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
LOL, Lee's post is quite funny. I'm sorry you're so obviously long-term-upset with me, Lee. Perhaps you should have sowed a different crop to reap now?

I must of missed this. I thought you two were buddies of sorts?

BentMikey said:
p.s. Hackers, I still feel bad you fell off at that mini RAB!!

Not your fault mate.:laugh:

Still don't understand how it happened...I knew it was a tight angle and I didn't take it at any fast speed but I still fell off.:smile:

Must have been oil or something.

I don't tend to take it like that anymore unless giving way to a car.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well, I thought so too, until some very unacceptable behaviour on the recent video cameras topic. Some of my return quips were quite harsh in response, unfortunately. I'm sorry I've upset him enough that he's now got a chip on his shoulder.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
What!!! :wacko::laugh::laugh::laugh::tongue::laugh::biggrin::laugh::laugh: I'm fine helmet cam warrior, suggest you go back and read that thread again dear boy. You's the one frothing the mouth talking bollox not me.

Mag, please don't post a vid of you breaking the law then expect some sort of cyclist brethen sympathies. Forget 'but that's the line to take, everyone does it.' That is pre-conventional bollox aimed at simple minded folk like yourself that gives some sort of justification for breaking the law.

I have no speakers but I hope you said sorry to the driver. If you had gone around that RAB correctly you would not of had a problem.

LOL! Where did I say I expected sympathies!? Have I ever expected that? Sometimes people agree with me, sometimes they don't. I posted this video knowing full well that some would disagree with my line. I enjoy being challenged as this is how I and others learn. I have explained why I take the line I do, and it has nothing to do with what others take and everything to do with my own safety. I have made that call and I stand by it.

Had I gone around that roundabout 'by the letter of the law' I may well have had problems with the following car (there was one). then I would have had people telling me how daft I am to take that line and I would be safer going over the roundabout.

I can't win. I know that is the case. I'm not here to win, I'm here to learn and debate. What are you here to do Lee?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

dondare said:
Is it illegal to go over the hump of a mini roundabout?

(Lorries do it every time.)

Long vehicles can legally cross if they have to do so, due to their size. in practice lots of cars do as well. Not a good reason to do it of course, and certainly not the reason I chose to do it here (although it is as a result of the drivers normal line that influences my decision indirectly)

dondare

Über Member
It would be a bloody-minded plod who thought that bringing a cyclist to book for taking the short way was in the public interest.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
We'll never know now will we?

Why the OP then? Implied by the OP that the driver was in the wrong and yet now you (imo) changed your tune slightly.

Why I am here, I'm here to tell people how to ride a bike. All you need to do is ask Mag and I'll tell you how to go around that RAB while still maintaining road superiority.

Oh, I know. There is never a situation like this where line isn't question, and all possible permutations are examined. That's par for the course, and something that although can at times be tedious is in the end useful.

As for changing my tune, not in the slightest. When entering a roundabout, you have to be sure that you will not be impeding or endangering any road users who are already on that roundabout. He did and apologised for it. He made a mistake.

At no point did I claim my road position was perfect, 'legally' but from a general safety aspect I feel (and you certainly may disagree) that my position was best practice. So how exactly have I changed my tune (it's the post dissection that is tedious)

Top Bottom